Epilogue

CLOSING CREDITS :

“Hey Ames! You want to help by passing me the paint?” Zahaan yelled from on top of the ladder.

“Nah.” She smirked.

“Then fuck it. I’m not painting this stupid sign blue until you help me and pass the paint!”

“It’s baby blue. And fine, don’t paint it. I’ll do it myself.” Amy said. “I’m not short anymore.” She said to herself.

“You want me to go in and get some cakes?” Eric offered from next to her.

“Yeah will you please do that? Jehan must’ve finished up the mava cakes. Tommy seems a little hungry too.” She said as she petted one of the puppies, who was fast growing up into a dog.

“And Silloo must’ve just finished the second batch of donuts.” He said dreamily. “I’ll go get them.” Suddenly, Amy felt a drop of liquid on her head. She looked up, and felt the next drop splatter on her nose. Suddenly, there were many drops, falling fast.

“Eric! Aunt Silloo! Guys! Come out quickly! It’s the first shower! It’s come early!” Amy called excitedly.

Aunt Silloo came running out. “Early showers mean good luck.” She smiled vibrantly.

“I’ll have to call Dad and tell him his flight may get delayed.” Amy smiled.

Zahaan came in, dripping wet, along with Tommy and the pups. “I’m not painting that board again. Fucking pathetic.”

“I should’ve washed your mouth with soap the day you were born. How many curses?!” Silloo shook her head.

“You still love me.” And he hugged her, making her all wet.

Aunt Silloo didn’t protest. She just hugged him back, and then drew all the other children and Eric in a group hug as well. They all stood together, watching the rain fall outside.

Amy wondered how much more good luck she could come across now.

Yep, it's really done now. Thank you again, everyone who's stuck by :) You mean a lot to me, as do your votes and comments.