My Jesus My Savior

Read: Matthew 4:1-11

Text: Matthew 4:10-11

Matthews 4:10-11
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

1. Why did Jesus get tempted by Satan?
2. What do we learn out of the test of Christ?
3. Why was it so important that He was tested?

Everybody will get tempted by Satan. But one person gets tempted directly by Satan and does not fall for it namely Jesus Christ, He is the only person who withstand the temptations from Satan.

The Spirit lead Jesus Christ to the dessert and after 40 days and night of fasting, the Satan comes to tempt Jesus Christ. But why? Our Savior must not only be sinless, but he must also withstand direct temptations.

After the 40 days Satan tempts him with food, he wanted to make Jesus Christ to doubt in God's grace and providence.

The second temptation was that he tempted to show that God doesn't protect.

Then he gave Jesus Christ the temptation to just fall down and worship him and he will give him the world.

How did Jesus Christ withstand this temptation? He answers the temptation with scriptures from God's word.

This shows us how important it is to know the word of God we have to memorize scriptures.

Satan also know the word of God, he will use the scripture to mislead people. He will bend it to his will to mislead people. People must be careful not to look for minister or preachers that bends the word to sooth their mind and heart.

We must always read texts in context and not make our own thoughts to the text.

Thus we must listen to our preachers and ministers, and test the message they gives us from the word. We must test the word to the word in whole of God's message.

Adam and Eve did not withstand the temptations of Satan and no human can on his own, but Jesus Christ withstands the temptation and He reinforces the kingdom of God. He does the will of the true God; he teaches his disciples the will of God through prayer.

Matthew 6:9-15
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Amen.