Chapter 18 ~ Another Timeline

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, I heard the sound of screaming come from behind me. I quickly turned around. "What is that screaming?"

"Mudbloods," Polly answered. "They're in the dungeons. It was your idea, wasn't it? What's going on with you?"

I turned back to face Polly. "Uh...nothing. I'm fine."

She raised her eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah, really."

"Well, you sound a bit odd today. As if...as if you've changed all of a sudden."

I scoffed. "No, I'm fine."

She nodded her head. "If you say so, Scorpius." She looked down at her feet. "Oh Potter! I've got blood on my shoes again..." She bent over and cleaned the blood off her shoes. After cleaning the blood, she came back up and looked at me. "Like the Augurey insists, the future is ours to make. So here I am, making a future...with you. For Voldemort and Valor."

"For Voldemort it is," I said.

Polly shot me a soft smile, then walked away from me. What was going on?

"Why didn't you say yes to her?" Karl asked me once Polly was gone.

"Yeah, she's fancied you for a while now," Yann added.

"Wait...I thought you two left," I said.

"And miss Polly Chapman asking you to the ball? I don't think so," Yann replied.

"So...are the Potter twins really dead?" I questioned.

"Yeah. They've been dead for years," Karl said. "Since when do you care about them?"

"Because Max Potter is my mum and Harry Potter is my uncle, that's why," I retorted. Karl and Yann roared with laughter. "What's so funny?"

"Scorpius, Astoria Greengrass is your mum, not Max Potter," Karl said. "And you don't have any uncles. Just one aunt and her name is Daphne."

"Yeah, if you were related to the Potters, then you'd be with the Mudbloods in the dungeons," Yann added. "We'll catch you later, mate.

Now, I was more confused than ever. I headed back up to Professor Umbridge's office and barged in her office. "I'm sorry, Headmistress, but this is important."

"Well...of course, Scorpius," she said. "What is it?"

I paused for a moment, then blurted out, "I need to speak with my father."

*******

Professor Umbridge sent an owl to my father immediately. Through Floo Network, I went to the Ministry of Magic. The place was now even more dark and gloomy. It was hard to believe that people actually liked it this way. On the way to the elevators, I spotted the giant fountain that was in the middle of everything. But it didn't look the same. Something about it was different, but I wasn't sure what it was. Curious, I went to get a closer look and realized that human statues surrounded the fountain.

"They're Muggles, in case you were wondering," some employee said beside me. "Muggles that are in their rightful place."

Swallowing hard, I left the fountain and rushed towards the elevators. I took the middle one, which took me to the second floor. According to Professor Umbridge, Dad was Head of Magical Law Enforcement. I was hoping he was still the same caring and loving Dad that I knew.

I got off the elevator and headed for his office. Once I saw his name printed on a door, I knocked twice before entering. "Hi, Dad," I said, closing the door behind me.