The Unexpected News

~4 months later~

(Y/N) POV:

I hold my head a bit as I kept thinking on what will I give to Naruto, we were in the mall with Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Shino, and Sasuke. Its his birthday today, and we decided to throw him a surprise party. Mom was busy preparing the cake while dad is decorating the dining room, while I was stuck with them, trying to distract Naruto from going home. As I kept thinking, Sasuke tap my shoulder as I was break away from my thoughts. "You should just give him a simple gift." he suggested knowing he already knew my dilemma. Me and Sasuke have been great friends since 3rd grade. He still keeps talking to me even though he went to an emo phase in his life. "But what should I give him?" I asked as I looked down, he simply just shrugged and I sighed more.

Naruto noticed this and looked at me. "Everything alright (Y/N)-onii?" he asked as his azure eyes looking at my (E/C) ones. "Yeah I am." I simply said as I smiled as Kiba slings his arms on my shoulder. "You shouldn't be sad if your otouto is growing older." he said jokingly, tick mark showing a little bit. "Man, stop worrying so much (Y/N) you're such a drag." Shikamaru said as my tick mark grew more. Choji being him just eats his chips while Shino stayed quiet. As we walk I got a text message on my phone, I took my phone out and reads the text.

(Y/N) keep Naruto busy, we're almost done with the preparations, and we need to talk about something important.

-Mom

I smiled and wondered what could she be talking about. I shrugged and puts my phone away, I looked around the mall and saw a photo shop, it has all picture frames displayed outside. I went over and take a look at it, seeing the others are paying attention to Naruto and his childish ways, I swear he needs to grow up. I look at the frames and I saw a orange frame Naruto's favorite color, I didn't hesitate and instantly bought the frame, I guess I know what I will give Naruto now. As I walk back I smiled and the others noticed me, gazing a look at Naruto. "Where did you went?" he asked as I try to hide the frame. "Just went to the bathroom." I said as he shrugged it off and we went to get something to eat, now that was a close call.

Naruto's POV:

I was walking beside Kiba and he started to whisper to me. "You're brother is really protective." he said as I nod a bit. "Yeah he is, and that's what I like about (Y/N)-onii!" I said it a little loud hopefully (Y/N) didn't heard it. I spotted an ice cream parlor and quickly went in soon everyone followed. I went to the counter and ordered an ice cream, the others did the same. After we got our ice creams we head out of the parlor and went outside.

Since it was my birthday today, I'm in a very happy mood. I bet mom and dad are planning a party for me, as for (Y/N) I can't wait for his gift this year. He always make sure that I get the best of my present coming from him, but after I took a look at him earlier, I saw his face trying to figure out something, but now he is happy, what gives?

(Y/N) POV:

I received another message from my mom, the others are going to their separate ways, while me and Naruto walk to our house. I read the message.

Time to head home, be sure that Naruto is with you so he can get surprised. We'll be waiting for you both.

-Mom

I put my phone away and I felt a tap on my shoulder. "You shouldn't over think your gift for me this year (Y/N)-onii." he flashed a toothy grin as I pat his head. "Of course I do, I need to make it special, besides I think you're gonna love this one." I said as we reached our house.

As Naruto opened the door we both went inside, I went to my bedroom in a hurry, as for Naruto, he went straight to the kitchen. I was looking for some pictures in our photo album, we have tons of pictures in that. I took a picture of me and Naruto and put it in the frame. I put the frame in a box and wrapped it in a orange wrapper, I wrote at a note in a card saying "Happy Birthday otouto". I bet he is going to love his gift.

Naruto's POV:

"Happy Birthday!" I heard as I smile as mom and dad surprised me when I went inside the kitchen. I knew it, they did plan a surprise party for me. I hugged them both and smiled. "Thank you so much!" I said as mom kissed me on my cheek and dad pats my head.

I sit on the chair while mom served me some ramen, I won't lie, I love her cooking so much it beats Ichiraku. I took a bite of the ramen and smiled. "Its so good!" I said as I gulped it down. After a while, I finished my ramen and dad was holding a small box, must be my gift. I took it and opened it, inside it was a tiger tooth necklace, I always wanted one for like my whole life. I quickly put it on and smile. "Thank you oto-san." I said as (Y/N) walked in the room. He was holding a orange gift box, he gives it to me and I quickly opened it. I saw a box and opened it, I saw a picture frame with a picture of me and (Y/N). I smiled and I remembered this very picture. It was the day when we adopted (Y/N), we were really happy in this picture. I quickly hugged him and smiled. "Sorry if that's my gift, couldn't think of anything more." he said as I hugged him tighter. "Its okay (Y/N)-onii, I love it." I said as I break away from the hug looking at the picture again.

(Y/N) POV:

I smiled as he liked my gift, I couldn't be happier for him in his special day. I saw mom walking to me and I look up. "We need to talk (Y/N)." she said in a serious tone as I nod and walk to another room.

Mom sat on the couch and I sat beside her looking a bit. "What's it about mom?" I asked as she hold my hand. "We're moving away, both of us." she said as I was shocked by this. "But why? Don't you love dad anymore?" I said a little bit furious about it. "No no, its for work (Y/N) the head nurse picked some of us to move in a hospital far away from here for 3 years. Since they have a few nurses there, I was picked. Your dad knows about this and he agreed to it, now are you okay with going with me?" she explained and I was still in shock not knowing what to do. "I'll talk about this with Naruto." I simply said as she nods, ruffling my (H/C) hair and went back to the kitchen.

I we head back to the kitchen, Naruto rushed towards me with tears in his eyes, I guess dad brought it up. "Is it true (Y/N)-onii, you're going with mom?" he said as I sighed as his azure orbs staring at my (E/C) ones, I look at him. "I was, but I wanted to talk to you about it.'' I replied as tears poured down on his eyes. "But you promise that you're not gonna leave me!" he retorted, I hold him close to me trying to calm him down. "I know I did promise you that, don't worry in 3 years I'll be back and we'll catch up." I said in a happy tone, as Naruto wipes his tears away. "Promise?" he looked at me as I nod. "Promise I won't break that promise." I said as we hugged it out. Guess this is the last time we'll see each other for the moment.