Chapter 36: The Date Part 3

Start from the beginning

"You're shaking..." He mumbled, his voice sounding truthfully concerned for Sans' well being.

In no time, the elemental had thrown Sans over his shoulder and began running to the direction to a small bar, located not so far from there.

Sans knew he couldn't let some random kid take him to a place he didn't even know the name of.

He felt scared but... he felt something else; an unusually warm sensation.

But Sans being Sans, ignored it only to realize what was it years later.

In just about two minutes, they had arrived.

Once entering, the fire like monster sat Sans on a booth.

"Stay here" he whispered before running off to a door that read 'Fire exit'.

'Am I really shivering?' Sans asked himself mentally.

That's when he noticed he actually was.

Who could blame him?

It was below zero out there.

Sans looked around curiously and swung his feet like the little kid he was at the moment.

"Hey I'm back" the taller boy announced in a quiet tone, making it obvious he was trying to avoid waking up someone.

He had brought a blanket and a mug filled with warm milk with him.

"I brought you this" he said, wrapping the warm cozy blanket around the small, frail skeleton, and handing him the mug.

"What's your name? I'm Grillby." He presented himself.

"i'm sans..." Sans mumbled under his breath, never making eye contact with Grillby.

Grillby grabbed a chair nearby and took a seat in front of Sans.

"What were you doing out there? It's dangerous for someone to be outside without the appropriate clothing or right parental guidance" Grillby asked, taking off his thick coat and hat and placing them on the table behind.

"i was buying stuff" Sans replied, pulling the bag to his side.

"May I know what's in the bag?"

Sans slowly nodded and handed the bag to the older individual.

"Food?"

Sans nodded again.

Grillby was curious.

This wasn't right.

It wasn't right for a child for a child to have to take care of that duty meant for adults.

"Hey Sans, was it... How old are you and where are your parents" Grillby asked.

Sans looked to his side, a smile on his face but his eyes filled with sadness and guilt.