Part 23

Part 23

Next morning:

Everyone assembled at the breakfast table. Arnav too came down.. He was still angry with Mami and Anjali for yesterday night's incident. Khushi too came down and sat at the dining table. Maddy came and served her breakfast.

" Chote" called Anjali. Arnav looked at his Di.

"Today there is a function in Aarav's School. Fathers should attend the function.. If you go on Aarav's behalf............."Anjali is going to say something but Arnav stopped by showing his hand.

" I am not his father Di. I won't go." Said Arnav.

" But Chote you went earlier on father's day celebration naa" asked Anjali.

" Then ask now Akash to go" said Arnav.

Akash looked at him wide eye and Payal din't like what Arnav said.

"Arnavji. How could even ask Akash to accompany Aarav's School ?? Akash is not Aarav's father. . I won't accept it." said Payal.

"Haan Bhai. How can I go ?? I can't hurt Payal" said Akash too.

" Akash is right Chote. Payalji is feeling bad" said Anjali.

All this while Khushi is silently eating her breakfast not caring about them but she is listening their conversation.

Arnav gave an unbelievable look at his family. They praised him for making Aarav happy when he went to his school earlier but now when it comes to Akash they are against it.. He felt like a fool infront of his family..

Earlier Khushi too protested same like Payal but he din't listen to her. he looked at Khushi who is eating her breakfast as if nothing mattered to her.

" fine then. Look for someone else. " said Arnav and left from there.

"How can Arnavji think like that Naniji ?? Can't he understand how can I allow my husband claiming other's child as his." said Payal but stopped in middle realizing her own words and looked at Khushi who is looking at her raising her eyebrow.

Khushi completing her breakfast, went near Payal who is standing at the edge of the table" What happened jiji ?? Why are you making it a big issue for such a small matter ? Why are you being a narrow minded ? I thought my sister is always broad minded. Grow up jiji. Think on other's happiness too not only yours. You are a married girl now, act like a matured girl. Be broadminded "

Payal looked at her sister flabbergasted hearing her own words from her sister. She got the medicine of her own bitter pill. She now understood how Khushi must have felt when they all forced Arnav to got Aarav's School.

Khushi left from there seeing her jiji lost in her thoughts. Arnav who came back to collect his mobile too heard what Khushi said to Payal.

"Now. Who will come with me to School ??"asked Aarav pouting.

Arnav neglected the boy and left from there.. Payal too left from there silently.

The whole day in office, Arnav is pondering over Khushi's words to Payal. He understood how much she is hurted by his deeds. Dammit!! Why do he always end up in hurting her ??

It was in the night when Arnav returned from office. The whole family is sitting in the hall except Khushi. As soon as they saw him, everyone looked at each other.

"What happened ??"asked Arnav. he understood something is wrong seeing his family's face.

Mami switched on the TV. There coming a news of him on TV.