Chapter 28

(Brooklyn's POV):

I carried a coffee from Starbucks up to Elena's penthouse. It had been five hours since Elena and I had talked earlier, and we hadn't talked since.

"Hey Brook, what's up?" Elena said as she opened the door. She was now wearing a gray shirt and black ripped jeans.

"Why haven't you answered my texts?" I asked her. "Oh, and this is for you."

She took the coffee and set it down on the table. "Thanks." She said as she lifted a pillow off the one sofa. "But I actually can't find my phone."

"I couldn't find mine earlier either." I told her as I took a seat.

"You just sat down right where I wanted to check next." She put her hands on her hips.

"Sorry." I moved. "Hey what's your problem?" I asked her.

"I don't have a problem." She continued to search. "I just want to find my phone, is that not okay?"

"You were fine earlier, why are you being like this now?"

"What are you talking about?" She asked me. "I haven't talked to you since yesterday, what did you put in your cereal?"

"Just because our conversation was weird at lunch today doesn't mean you can pretend it never happened!"

"I had lunch with Violet today." She gave me a dirty look.

"She's not lying." Violet walked in. "I even have picture proof. You can even see the time, see." She pointed at the time the picture was taken in the left hand corner of her snapchat story.

My heart started racing. "Wait, but that is the same time I was at lunch with you." I pointed at Elena.

"Well I can't teleport or be two places at once," She shrugged. "So you connect the dots."

"Lili!" I stood up and shook my head.

"Wrong twin, i'm Elena." Elena pointed to her face.

"I'm so confused." I tugged at my hair. "How do I know it's you?" I asked her.

Violet pulled Elena's hair, causing her to screech. Elena turned around and punched Violet in the shoulder, Violet groaned. "Trust me, that's Elena. She's the only one who knows being punched in the shoulder hurts me the most." She held her shoulder in pain.

"I've got to go."

"Nobody is stopping you." Elena said as she shoved me out of her way and continued to search for her phone. "Wait." She straightened her back. "What was your weird conversation about with Lili, well Lili who was pretending to be me?" She asked me.

"It was nothing, it was just weird because she's not you, and we don't get along."

"Noted." Elena pointed at me then walked away.

"Where are you going?" Violet asked.

"Into here to look for my phone, I need it!"

"I think I know who might have it." I spoke up.

Elena popped her head back into the sitting room. "Who?"

"Lili."

"We should go to her penthouse and slap her, i've wanted to do that for the past few days." Violet smiled.

"If she is the one who has my phone I might just let you." Elena and Violet rushed to the door.

"Leave me behind, cool." I said as I sat back down, bummed.

"Nobody told you to stay in our penthouse." I heard Elena say. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

"I'm coming with you!" I said as I hopped up and rushed to catch up to them.

"So no slapping?" I overheard Violet ask Elena as I rushed to catch up to them.

"No," Elena put her hand up. "well not at first. After everything she's done today though, i'll consider it."

"I tried telling you she was crazy!" I added into the conversation.

"Oh hey Brooklyn, when did you get here?" Elena said to me.

"You and Lili are both on my last nerve!" I said, aggravated.

"For the last time," Elena said as we were about to be at Lili's penthouse. "Nobody asked you-"

"Don't start with me." I put my hand up, making Elena stop mid sentence. "I am not in the mood."