Chapter 8

"I brought over breakfast, that's why i'm running so late." Brooklyn said as he shook a bag of breakfast food in my face as I stepped out of the way, making room for him to enter the penthouse. "I hope you're hungry!" He said after I didn't say anything to him after his last comment.

"I might eat in a few minutes," I shrugged, not feeling hungry.

He looked around the penthouse, searching. "And your sister?" He asked.

"She went to the spa, which I was going to tell her we had to pay for, but I couldn't because she already had her hopes up, and I have some money anyways, so it's no big deal." I rambled, stressed.

"Don't worry, i'll handle all the bills, my treat since you're doing this huge favor for me." Brooklyn said as he passed me a hash brown.

I took it and set it down in front of me, "No, please don't, I have some money to pay for it."

"Consider it already paid, now what did you want to talk to me about?" Brooklyn was pouring syrup onto two pancakes he had on a plate in front of him.

"Um, it is really nothing." I started to question if I should really say it to him, or just suck it up and hold it in. "I just don't think I can do this, we are so different and people will find out."

"Not with me by your side, they will think it's completely normal." Brooklyn stuck his hand out for me to grab. I reluctantly put my hand is his and looked into his brown eyes. " I promise." He added.

"You are a nice boy, Brooklyn, I promise." I said as I pulled my hand back gently. "But i'm still worried."

"You have nothing to be worried about!" Brooklyn stood up.

"Easy for you to say!" I stood up and started to raise my voice. "You're not the impostor!"

"I told you I am here for you, I will help you every step of the way, do you want to have to explain to everyone that it is all a big misunderstanding?" Brooklyn argued.

"I would prefer to do that than pretend to be this girl, the risk of people finding out and hating me is worse than having to tell a group of people i'm not the person they were hoping."

"What's going on in here?" Violet asked as she waltzed in, looking comfortable in a fluffy white robe, her hair in a ponytail and a white headband on. She had no shoes on, but her toes looked freshly painted like her finger nails.

"Nothing, we were just talking before you interrupted." I said in an aggravated tone. "But Brooklyn was just about to head out anyways." I looked at Brooklyn and raised my eyebrows, giving him the hint to leave.

Brooklyn looked mad, but he nodded and started to walk away. He stopped when he was right next to me and quickly said, "You should eat, we have a big day planned today." Then he walked past me and out the penthouse door without looking back.