Chapter 7

"How was your date?" Violet asked me as soon as I stepped into the penthouse, out of breath and overwhelmed from running from the paparazzi downstairs.

"This is definitely not the lifestyle I would ever ask for." I sighed as I took off my shoes and grabbed a pair of pajamas to put on. I looked at the clock that read nine-thirty. "I'm exhausted."

"And I need my eyebrows waxed." Violet played with her eyebrows in the mirror.

"You never listen to anything I say, do you?"

"I do when it's relevant." She grinned as she flipped my hair and fell down onto the bed next to me. "Is Bailey even more dreamy when you're sitting across from him on a date?" She asked me.

"Brooklyn, and no, it wasn't even a real date, just a fake one."

"A fake one to make everyone think you're that Lana girl, right?" She asked as she unlocked her phone, only half interested in this conversation, if she was even half interested.

"Lili, but yes." I grabbed my phone, hit the home button and stared at the picture of Violet, my parents and I smiling in front of a statue. That photo was taken back when we took a trip to Washington D.C last year in the spring. Back when things were so normal, the way I wished things were now.

"This is all going to be okay, mi amor, I promise." Violet put her hand under my chin and gave a small smile.

"I miss mom and dad, a lot right now." I frowned.

"And we will see them soon, but first you need to do this for Brooklyn, as a friend."

"He isn't a friend." I said, stubbornly. "He is a stranger, a peer at most." I angrily pulled up the covers and turned onto my side, wondering why I was putting my reputation in danger for a famous boy I don't know a single thing about.

"I know something is bothering you, do you want to talk about it?" Violet tugged at the covers that were by my chin, but I had a death grip on them.

"Right now, Violet, I just want to sleep." I said to her, coldly. I could see in the reflection of the window that she just nodded and got up from the master bed, and exited the bedroom, making her way to the guest bedroom on the other side of the penthouse.

I didn't want to bore Violet with the speech I was rehearsing in my head that I would tell Brooklyn the next day, I just didn't find it necessary for her to hear it.