Chapter 19

"You remember the plan, right?" Brooklyn asked me for the third time.

"Yes, i'm not dumb." I told him as I flattened out a bump in my hair.

"Repeat it to me one more time." Brooklyn said as he put his hands in his pockets.

"We get through this ball as I pretend to be like Lili, I go upstairs and change then we meet her when she arrives here at eleven pm." I told him.

"Great, you got this." Brooklyn gave a nervous smile.

"I really hope so, these things always go bad in the movies."

"But it all turns out okay in the end, right?" He asked me.

"I hope so." I wiped my sweaty hands on my long gray dress, something I did when I was nervous. Except, I usually wasn't wearing this fancy of clothing.

"And we now would like to welcome in, the lovely couple, Brooklyn Beckham and Lili Fulton!" The announcer said into the microphone. Brooklyn extended his arm, allowing me to link mine with his. I did and we entered the ballroom, the crowd clapping furiously.

I smiled and walked through with Brooklyn to the dance floor where two other people were. "Mr. and Mrs. Jensen, it is so nice to see you again." Brooklyn shook hands with the guy and hugged the lady.

"Yes of course, you too, Brooklyn." The lady, who I guess was named Mrs. Jensen, said to Brooklyn.

"And it is great to see you as well, Lili." Mrs. Jensen pulled me into a hug. Then after we pulled apart, Mr. Jensen pulled me into a hug.

"It is great to see you too." I smiled.

"Oh!" Mrs. Jensen acted surprised as she exchanged a look with her husband. "I see you are still practicing your English accent, it sounds magnificent!" She smiled. Her husband nodded, showing that he agreed.

"Thank you, i've been working pretty hard on it!" I smiled.

"Well then you are living proof that hard work pays off!" Mrs. Jensen put her hand on my shoulder, still giving me her bright smile that revealed pearly white teeth that were perfectly straight.

I nodded and turned to Brooklyn. "I'm nervous."

"So am I." Brooklyn grabbed my hand. "But we will be alright, I promise I won't let anything happen to you, no matter what."

"You're so nice." I laughed.

"So are you." Brooklyn grinned. "Now let me dance with you."

"I don't dance, but thank you for the offer!"

"Well like your sister likes to say, you might not dance, but Lili does. Let's go." He smiled as he pulled me up out of my chair.