Chapter 13

The night grew colder as I sat alone on the deck watching the stars above, “When will the hate end?”

“When people learn to love and respect one another,” Peter said from behind me. I stood up.

“If only that day came,” I replied and my hair laid across my back and blowing slightly with the wind.

“You only need to know that it will,” he said to me.

“I want to world to see how good it can be without all the wars and all the stupid arguments we have in everyday life,” I replied and he looked at me.

“Caspian is looking for you,” he said to me.

“Is that so? I must attend to him right away,” I replied and I started to walk off.

“What?”

“Peter?”

“Yes Sam?”

“One day you will find someone to be with that is not me, but that one day may come slowly,” I said to him.

I heard him laugh, “If only that day would be now.”

“Open up your heart and forget our love…that is the only way to move forwards,” I said and I walked off. Caspian was humming a tune when I knocked at the door.

“Please do come in,” Caspian said to me.

I approached him, “You were looking for me my love?”

“Yes, I need to know if you are willing to fight in three days or so.”

I looked up at him, “Yes, I want to fight and end this evil that taunts us and our peace.”

“Very well,” he said and he pulled me into a hug. I heard him break into sobs and I pulled away gently to look into his eyes.

“Do not be sad Caspian, nothing bad will happen to me and if it does, it is what was meant to happen,” I replied and I wiped one his tears with my fingers.

“I’m just afraid of losing you,” he said to me.

“I will never be lost, I am found by you,” I replied assuring him that I will be fine.

Emmy then walked in, “Hello everyone.”

I turned to her, “Emmy, are you not but to be sleeping?”

“Is that supposed to be confusing?” She asked.

“I want to know why you are not sleeping,” I said.

“Oh, because Eustace is singing songs of joy and happiness so I came to check on everyone,” she replied.

Caspian laughed, “Seems like you have a hold on him Emmy.”

“You can say that, I like to think of it as control,” she said with a smile on her face.

I looked at Caspian, “I could not fall asleep if I did not see the stars so I went out on deck and looked at them, and then Peter told me Caspian needed me.”

Emmy laughed, “I am most surprised in how he found you.”

“Everyone knows Samantha likes to star gaze,” Caspian said to Emmy.

I smiled, “It is a past time for me to do. It reminds me of home.”

“I know you miss home and soon you will be in mine,” Caspian assured me.

Emmy looked at me, “Sounds like you two are meant for one another.”

Caspian nodded, “Promise me you will watch her in the battle.”

“I promise to watch her, she will not get hurt under my watch,” Emmy stated and she held her right hand up.

“Thank you,” Caspian said and he hugged Emmy. Emmy hugged back and left me and Caspian alone again.

“I will be fine,” I told him.

“I cannot be assured that completely,” he said.

“Are we not a team?” I asked him.

“That is why I am worried, teams can break up easily,” he said to me.

“We will all fight as one but together we are a team. Do not be afraid of what can happen, just focus on the light of the world. That is where we all will be.”

“You are most fair Samantha,” he said.

“All rulers and their future brides must judge and think fairly,” I replied.

“That they all do,” he said to me.

I hugged him tightly, “Do not be frighten by the fears that confront you at night, just remember that I am always on your side.”

“I will remember that, mostly because you said it but in retrospect I will always have my fears,” he said to me.

I smiled, “Get some rest Caspian; we must practice a lot more at daybreak.”

“Same to you future Queen Samantha,” he said and he laid on the bed and I laid right by him. That night spoke to me through my dreams. I saw fire and tears, and I also saw a grave…my grave. I dreamt of what happened during the battle and I saw Caspian standing alone looking on into the ocean. He was searching for me…he though I was dead.

The evil energy tossed me into the ocean so no one could find me. Was that going to happen at the real battle? Will Aslan show up and give me wisdom before the battle? I opened my eyes and quietly left the room onto the deck and I heard a small roar. I turned to face it.

“Aslan?” I asked.

“It is me,” he said and I walked up to him.

“What brings you here?” I asked him.

“To give you strength and courage when you need it most. I also though you could talk to me about your fears and the upcoming battle for Narnia.”

I smiled, “The battle is what I fear, not death.”

“Why do you not fear death?”

“Because death is not the end, I will always remain in this world…in Narnia,” I said to Aslan.

“You know that you are needed to win the battle and together, you will win,” he replied.

“How?” I asked.

“I will be at your side the whole time,” he said to me.

I smiled, “I know you will, and that makes me feel a lot better about the battle knowing that you will always be there at my side, our side.”

“Have faith that you will win and you will. I know that the battle is a short few days away, please be strong Samantha.”

“I will. Thank you Aslan,” I said and I hugged him. Tears fell down my face and he disappeared slowly after reassuring me that everything will be alright.

___________________________________________

Thank you for reading this chapter…I know it is very short but it was way overdue and I owe you all a new chapter.

School is almost over, HURRAY!!!!

LOL anyways comment, vote, add to your reading list, and don’t forget to fan my dears.

Love you all,

StarLynn

PS: More chapters will be coming in celebration of school is almost over and when it ends I will have more time for my lovely fans and family. Can I call you all family?