chapter 6

When I woke up Caspian was looking at me, he was holding my hand. I looked at him, my head still spinning round, "What happened?"

He kissed my hand and looked out the window, "I have been informed that your dad has died, and that you passed out as a way of knowing. I am so sorry." I collapsed into his arms, and I felt his hands running through my hair as he tried calming me down.

I hugged him and put my head into his neck, he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me against his chest. He was shirtless because he was about to go to bed and I knew that. He kissed my head and still held me in his arms. My tears were falling on his shoulder but he did not care, he held me closer to him.

I looked at Caspian and into his eyes, "Thank you for being here by my side at this time, I love you so much, and I won't take that for granted." I wiped my tears from my face and kissed Caspian and he kissed me back in the most loving way ever. We cuddle when we layed down in the bed and we talked half the night away, but we then fell asleep.

In the morning the sun shined so bright and I knew my dad is where he should be, so I smiled. I got out of bed quietly, and got changed into my day clothes.

Caspian then woke up, and smiled and put on a clean shirt. He just looked at me and kept smiling, "Just a question, if someone that loved you here, asked you to marry him, what would you say?"

I thought about it, "I would say yes, if he was all I ever wanted, and poured my heart into."

"I was just wondering," he said, but still smiled. He had something in his hand but put it out of sight from my view. I smiled and hugged him from behind and rested my hands around is waist, he took my hands and spun around. He picked me up in his arms and I was giggling while he did so, and he carried me out onto the deck of the Dawn Treader.

The ship came to a stop at the next island and we got off. Lucy, Susan, and me went in one direction, and Caspian, Emmy, and Eustace in another. Peter and Edmund stood guarding the ship, and I turned to look back.

Susan looked at me when we were far away from the Dawn Treader, "You still have a thing for Peter?" She asked.

I looked at her and twisted my shirt in my hands, "A little, we were together for quite some time. It's so hard to get over that easily, when you love someone and then it ends, it still hurts." I said to her. Lucy looked at me and smiled.

"Do you still like us?" Lucy asked.

I just smiled and hugged her, "Of course I do. I could not hate you guys, and I do not hate Peter." Lucy hugged me back.

Caspian was walking in front of Emmy and Eustace, he turned to them and said, "I think I am going to ask Sam to marry me."

Emmy looked at him and at Eustace, "Are you sure that is what you want? She is quite young, and what about her father?" Emmy asked, and Caspian looked down at the dry ground.

"Her father died last night or sometime around then, I held the ring in my hand and was prepared to ask her...but I thought it was to early," Caspian told Emmy. Emmy stopped walking for a second to think.

She kicked the ground softly and heard a bang under the sandy ground. She pointed at the ground, "There is something underneath here Caspian. We have to dig it up." Caspian took out his sword and cut the ground with it. He continued to do so until he found the shield perfectly in tact. It looked brand new, Caspian smiled slightly while holding it. It seemed heavier than the others, and he wondered why.

I was walking and fell down instantly. I looked up at Susan and Lucy and said, "Something or someone tripped me. Ugh....I see something shining sticking out of the ground." Susan dusted the dirty covered object and saw that it was indeed a shield.

Susan picked up the shield, "It is heavier than the rest of the shields, does this mean something?" She looked at me and Lucy. Lucy helped me up and I dusted my blue skirt off.

I smiled and said, "Thank you Lucy, I appreciate your help. I always thank you Susan for helping us on this adventure. Now about the shields being heavier, what might be causing it?" I then asked.

We started back to the Dawn Treader and we saw Caspian, Emmy, and Eustace in the distance. They were talking to Peter and Edmund, I waved at them to let them know we are safe. We went over to Peter and laid down the shield and Caspian asked me, "Was the shield heavy? Ours was, we were going to ask Aslan why but he has not showed up."

"It was heavier than the rest, we think it must mean the lesser shields we have to go," I said, and I looked at Peter who nodded.

"I think she's correct, the shields from earlier are lighter and easier to maneuver. These shields are designed for a heavier attack from a stronger sword." Peter said and picked up the shields.

"I do not think they are even Narnian shields...look at the crest and design. It looks more earth like to me, maybe the first humans to come here brought them here with them. That would be the only explanation. It is a long shot, but its a possible conclusion," Emmy said. She smiled like she was so smart and Eustace shoved her playfully aside.

He took out a piece of paper and drew the shield on it. He looked at Emmy, "You might be right, it seems more human. Look at these human shields from our world, see the crest? They are the same crest."

"Wait...we might not be the only humans here in Narnia. My shield that Susan, Lucy, and I found are new. I am sure of it, these crest are exactly alike, maybe these people are dead and left them here," I said to Caspian and he smiled.

Peter quickly said, "How about we spilt into teams to find these people if they are alive, we might have to help them get out. So lets figure out whose on whose team." He took Eustace's piece of paper and wrote names down. Caspian wrote down names after he drew a line in the middle of the paper.

"Sam, Susan, Lucy, and I will be a team. Everyone else will be on your team Peter," Caspian said.

Mist surrounded the boat and soon after, darkness followed. It was the next day, Caspian and I were alone on a island together. I was looking around and so was he...where was the Dawn Treader?