Chapter 16

-Chapter 16

Ashton pulled on my hand and he took me over to his village. I looked around as people, or the kind of creature he is, came out to see what he was doing with me. I stared at them softly and they stared back as if they are trying to figure out who I am.

“Do they know that I was here before?” I looked at Ashton questioningly and he shrugged. “Oh, I see…”

“Are you worried about if they will accept you or not?” he asked me and I nodded. “Em, they will accept you for who you are. They won’t hate you here because they have known you for a while now. They have missed you so much because you vanished. We didn’t believe you would come back.”

I chewed on the inside of my cheek and I sighed. “Ash, I don’t think they will want me back here. They will assume I have abandoned them or something. They might even hate me right now. I am no longer one of you guys. I’m something more or less than you all.”

Ashton looked down. “I think they will like to have you back. After all, we were going to get married eventually. Well, we would have had gotten married at one point if you didn’t vanish. I am glad you stuck around for your people though. It showed how strong you were. I wish to know what happened to you though. How did you vanish? How did you make it back here?”

“I don’t remember how I got here. I just found myself in the ocean here and I remember a Prince pulling me out along with a lady named Sam,” I told him. “Do you know how long my memories have been missing? Why can’t I remember anything about this place that well?” Tears began to sting my eyes and Ashton stopped me from moving, gently placing his hands on my shoulders.

“You must not cry.” He looked me in the eyes and I closed my eyes. “Please don’t make me have to worry for you anymore. You’re back here now and I want to be with you like the old times. You need me and I need you.”

“How old are you?”

“I never age.”

“Ash…I have…to…meet…my friends…” I coughed a bit and my eyes closed as I felt my body hit the ground. I can’t move.

“Em!” Ashton shouted.

~.~

(Sam’s POV)

I yawned as Caspian pulled me out of bed and I looked at him. “What time is it Caspian? You shouldn’t be dragging me out of bed.”

“We found Eustace looking around for Emmy,” Caspian told me and I nodded. I wonder where Emmy is. “She went missing earlier after a fairy guy took her. Eustace is really worried since they haven’t been back yet and he told me the fairy seemed to know who each one of the them was which means we were being watched by him.”

“Is this all for real?”

“Yes, it is.”

I sighed. “Okay, so a fairy guy has her…shouldn’t we be getting a description of this fairy guy so we know what to look for? He shouldn’t be far but then again, he knows how to fly.”

“You think this guy can fly?” Caspian laughed. “I think he might not be flying right now since he has Emmy and Emmy only walks. Emmy can’t fly around with some fairy forever. The fairy would get tired of having to hold her while transporting her. I think they are on the ground right now trying to get somewhere.”

“Actually, you may be right on the money,” I replied.

He nodded. “So, how do you want to find her?”

“Are we going to look for her right now?”

“We have to. She could be in danger. That guy could be an enemy who kidnapped her in order to use her for something.”

“He might be doing some sick ritual on her right as we speak.”

~.~

(What’s really going on)

I stared down at Emmy’s body and she moved a bit. I touched her face softly and whispered out, “I hope all is well with you right now my sweetheart. You are so frail looking right now. I guess I am failing you right now. I haven’t been able to keep you well and in good health. I am so sorry my Queen.” I kissed her forehead softly and stood up, looking over to the door. “Do you have any herbs grandmother Hattie?”

Hattie looked at me and held up her hands. “I have the herbs here darling,” she said and she walked towards Emmy’s body. “I don’t know if they will work on her or not.”

“Please just help her. We must do whatever we can,” I told her. “I don’t care for the risks. As long as she wakes up, I’ll be happy. You can even wipe out her memory and I will still be happy. I just want to see her eyes open.”

Hattie sighed. “You are so eager young one.” She smiled and handed me the herbs and then she clapped her hands and a cloud of smoke appeared. Smoke rose from ground as it opened and a cauldron sat on the ground now. “I will put the herbs in and mix it with some other stuff. Since this is a magical cauldron, it will make it turn into which potion it knows how to magically make. Do you understand?”

I nodded. “Yes, I do.”

She nodded her head in return and she grabbed the herbs from me, slowly placing them into cauldron. “Oh, heavenly mother please help us get the powers of these herbs so that this young Queen may wake and see her Prince.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and made some noises.

“Is it working?”

The cauldron started changing colors and smoke rose from it. “It is working sonny,” she muttered out and she made a cup appear. “I will do what I can now.” She placed the cup in the cauldron and it flew up with the stuff in it. “This is my potion for your dear Queen.”

I thanked her and took it. “I will give it to her now.” I placed my arm under Emmy’s head and pressed the cup up to her pale pink lips, letting the liquid touch her lips. “I hope I can see you wake. I want to see you smile and your eyes sparkle.”

As soon as the liquid touched her entire mouth, her eyes opened up widely. She pushed the cup away from her mouth, knocking it out of my hands and she pushed herself off the table, and she jumped up into the air and spun around and then landed on the ground.

“Ashton,” she whispered out and she tilted her head. “What brings you here?”

“Emmy, are you alright?”

“Yes, I am and I remember everything now. I want to help you for sure. Everything is back to normal for me and I must make everything normal for you.”

I smiled. “Great but you need to train first. The demon can wait.”

She smiled back. “I am glad to be back.”

A/n: Hey, HKDGAL here! This is the end of the first book and I’m sorry it was so short and had so little chapters. The next story will probably be named “Who You Are To Me” or “Where I want to be” or “Tear Stained Memories”. You can even pick the name yourself or vote for the three I listed. Thanks for reading and I hope you stay tuned for the sequel. I recommend following this account (Starlynn’s account) so you can get the updates of it or any news relating to it. I have to make the cover and finish up two chapters for my own stories before writing one for the next book. Thanks again!