Chapter 6: The Invasion

Ruby sighs as she sits on the ledge of the balcony, right now with Ra's, Damian, and Talia, they're watching the training of the assassins.

It's been 4 months since she came here and it's be calm, after the Crescent Rose incident Ruby and Damian became more civil with each other.

They still get on each other's nerves but Damian respected Ruby a little bit more as the days went by.

"Here is your legacy, Damian. Here is your inheritance. The league of assassin's." Ra's proclaimed.

Damian looks at him "Yes, Grandfather."

"They will be yours and Ruby's to command. To make certain the earth abides a natural contentment, without the abuse of man."

Dusan then walks up "It is good to see our revered father so devoted to his grandson and his future granddaughter- in-law."

Talia smiles at her brother "Yes, brother, it is."

Ruby turns her head and smiles, out of all the assassin's likes Dusan the most, she turns her body and plants on foot on the balcony but exclaims in pain and falls onto the floor holding her now bleeding shoulder.

"Ruby?" Damian said going up to her.

The young girl groans and looks up, her eyes widen in shock when she saw Dusan dead on the floor with blood on his cape.

"Dusan?" she said in shock.

Talia and Ra's stood close to them and looked to see a hole in the door where an eye was placed.

"We have been breached. They're already inside. Take the children." Ra's ordered bring out his sword.

With that the doors, are blown off to reveal that there is more than one person.

Grabbing Damian and Ruby, Talia jumps off the edge and slides down the roof and onto the floor.

They all turn their attention up but Ruby looks ahead and trains her hearing "Helicopters are coming right in front of us" she stated.

Just as she said that, the helicopters appeared and started to shoot at the assassins.

Hiding beyond a wooden post they watch as the destruction continued.

"Ruby hold still." Talia said as she uses her fingers to take the bullet out.

Once that was finished Ruby goes into her pouches and brings out some bandages. "You keep bandages on you?" Damian asked.

"Always come prepared. Also, I'm wondering what kind of bullet was shot at me. It wasn't a normal one or my aura would've deflected it." She replied as Talia binds her arm.

"Both of you stay here." Talia ordered as she runs up and grabs one of the assassin's bow and arrow and shot at one of the pilots.

Successfully hitting him in the throat making the helicopter go down.

Damian and Ruby watched as Talia took out the intruders, "Hmm Impressive-" Ruby looks up and narrows her eyes "Jasper" she muttered angrily.

Following her line of sight, he saw a young girl coming down from a rope. "So that's Jasper Tulip...you know ignoring the hair and eye color she looks like you."

"That's because the Tulip family are the Rose family's cousins. But one of our ancestors Wolfe Rose, rebelled since he didn't Inherit the Rose family legacy, even if I don't know what it is yet, I know it was big enough to make him abounded the family."

"So, your ancestor became jealous and the started a family that wants your head on a silver platter? Why didn't you say anything about you being related to them?"