Chapter 1 - Let Me Sleep

Y/n's P.O.V:

3 new text messages

The vibration of my phone pulls me out of my deep sleep and earns a groan. Even though I've been here for a couple of days now my body clock still hasn't reset to a sensible time so I only managed to fall asleep around 3 am so to be woken up this early is beyond stupid. These better be important messages or a crisis.

Aaliyah: Hey! My brother's out of the house, come over now!

Aaliyah: Oi y/n wake up! Don't you do this to me I'll drive over

Aaliyah: DON'T YOU IGNORE ME, WHY AREN'T YOU UP YET 

Aaliyah, seriously it's 7 am. Why doesn't she text me at a suitable hour it's a SUNDAY! Only Aaliyah could message me at this time in the morning but I'll forgive her eventually. Her urgent texts remind me, to bring round new notepads for Aaliyah since last time I was round there  I briefly remember we knocked over my mug of Vanilla Latte all over the revision notes that was beautifully highlighted. But I'd better head over to hers as I don't want to come across and angry Aaliyah so early on my Sunday morning, however, I'm sure I can fit in a few more minutes of extra sleep until she bothers me again. 

I'd just managed to fall back to sleep when my phone alarm goes off and wakes me up at 9 am with an annoyingly piercing sound. (I've got to change my alarm to a song or something this is giving me a headache) I feel dead already and the day hasn't even begun. Rather sluggishly I put on my jeans and a black crop top before I observe myself in the mirror. I look vile today having a bad skin day I mean look at my eyes, I need sunglasses. I miss my perfect autumn wardrobe back in England with all the cosy jumpers and leggings but looks like I'll have to buy some more out here soon when I get a spare day.

 I miss my perfect autumn wardrobe back in England with all the cosy jumpers and leggings but looks like I'll have to buy some more out here soon when I get a spare day

2 new text messages

Aaliyah: Y/N! I know you've read my messages, you better be coming over

Aaliyah: Hurry! I've ordered Dominos

Well, that's me sold then I heard Dominos I'm coming over to the Mendes household right now. Running short on time, I pull myself through my house whilst my parents are still asleep since we went out last night in a welcome home party where far too many drinks were poured but it was a great night with my family members who are over here at the moment although I heard some conversation take place on how they want to move back to England. Before I reach the front door I head into the kitchen and grab a cookie for the road as I hear my stomach rumble.

*Skipping the journey to Aaliyah's*

I make it to Aaliyah's house in record time, I'd only managed 4 songs when normally it takes me nearly 9 songs but then again I was tempted to go past her house since I wanted to finish listening no Judgement by Niall Horan. Grabbing my handbag and notepads from the passenger seat I make my way up to her front door with a small stumble as I forgot there was a curb when I step out the car.

Karen opens the door and welcomes me into the house, the hallway smelt like the Havana Nights Yankee Candle that I brought her last month just before I flew back home it has to be one of my favourites smells apart from Vanilla Cupcake cause that's honestly the god tier of Yankee Candles minus their Christmas collection.

After saying my hello to Karen and Manny who was in the front room I walk up the stairs into Aaliyah's room. When opening her bedroom door I am greeted by an Aaliyah who is happily munching her way through a pizza on her bedroom floor. Cause who needs a table and chairs to eat a meal a bit like napkins to clean yourself up which haven't been invented yet judging by the scene in front of me.

When Aaliyah sees me I get engulfed into a bear hug and pulled to the ground. Coming out of the hug me and Aaliyah are in fits of laughter with tears filling our eyes. I swear me and she is not normal. From the surprise attack, I dropped the notepads on the floor along with my pens where some ended up in our pizza.

"You know I've missed your laugh, it's been too long I'm just so happy you're there for me but Y/n I swear you're so clumsy but not as much as Shawn that boy is completely useless" Aaliyah laughs picking off cheese from a pen.

"Aaliyah I have no clue what you're on about I've never met your brother, you could be lying for all I know" I laugh. With my remark, Aaliyah shows me a video of Shawn falling over steps and hitting himself in the face with his guitar whilst on stage.

Though this boy is clumsy like me, he's adorable and has a cute smile when he tries to cover up his mistakes. However, he is my friend's brother so I mustn't believe he's cute nor is he funny even though he is only a year older than me. This was the same thoughts I had the other day I need to clean my mind because it's slowly becoming unhealthy. Maybe I should go back to Bumble or Tinder again to distract myself.

Y/n you need to clear your head it's just a video get over yourself, focus on the pizza and all the history notes you need to make. He's probably got a girlfriend anyway maybe someone like Camila Cabello she seems so his type gorgeous and a lovely personality they would be so cute together. Just look at him anyone would be lucky to say that he was their partner. He's got something special about him that I'm trying to work out.