The Mum(s) Know

The morning is going so well for Mark. The breakfast his mom cooked is really delicious and the aroma is breath taking. That is until BamBam ruins it.

"Mark, when were you going to tell me that you have a boyfriend?" As soon as that question leaves his mom's mouth, Mark looks at BamBam who suddenly seems too interested in his food.

"Don't look at your cousin like that. I was, eventually, going to find out."

"We're not even really dating mom. It was just a stupid bet." Mark mumbles.

"Uh that's a lie. They are so in love aunt. He is dating the Jackson Wang. How I wish it was me." BamBam sighs.

"Really? He must be handsome then."

"Of course, he..."

"BamBam,  quiet please." Mark interrupts them.

"He even brought him home the other night."

"Gosh! You guys are unbearable. I'm going to school." Mark gets up with an irritated and blushing face.

"Hyung, wait for me. Bye aunt."

Mrs. Than looks at the boys and smiles.

***

Jackson looks at Yugyeom who is eating as if he hasn't eaten in years.

"Why is it that you always spend most of your time here than at your own place?" He asks.

"Jackie don't be mean. He's more than welcome to come here." Mrs. Wang says as she brings juice at the table.

"Yeah Jackie, don't be mean." Jackson cringes at Yugyeom's childlike voice.

"So Jackson, is there something you want to tell me?" His mom asks as she eats with them.

"Uh no."

"Really, not even about a certain someone?"

Yugyeom slows down in eating his food. That's enough for Jackson to know what his mom is talking about. And he glares at his so called 'bestfriend'.

"I didn't to tell her. It just slipped out of my mouth." Yugyeom nervously laughs. Oh how Jackson wishes looks could kill right now.

"Oh my baby is dating. I have to meet your boyfriend. I thought you were into girls. But you know what I'll anyone. I'm so happy that you have a boyfriend. I have to meet him."

"Mom please..."

"You should invite him for dinner tomorrow!"

"Mom.... "

"Oh can his cousin come too?"

"Of course Yugyeom."

Jackson sighs. This day is not going well for him.

***

Jackson is really in bad mood. He is pissed off. He did not sleep well the previous night. His mom and Yugyeom just had to stress him out even more and his Chemistry teacher just had decided to give them a quiz for being too lazy to teach.

So he is really upset. Even his friends seem to feel his anger. But ,apparently, not Yugyeom.

"Hey, have you told Mark about the dinner tomorrow?" He not so likely whispers.

"What?" Mark looks at them when he hears his name.

"It's nothing." Jackson says.

"No its not. Jackson's mom invited you for dinner tomorrow night. She said she wants to meet you."

"What?!" Everyone looks at Jackson.

"Oh and BamBam is invited." Yugyeom smiles at BamBam.

"Really?" BamBam asks and he nods.

"Jackson what is Yugyeom talking about?" Jinyoung asks.

"Can we talk about this later I'm not in the mood." Jackson says and stands up to leave when Mark stops him.

"No we cannot. Jackson nobody said anything about going for dinner at eachothers' homes. That was not part of the bet." Mark says.

"Look here. You lost and I won. So I tell you what to do and not the other way round. If you have to go and have dinner at my place then so be it."

"Jackson you're going to far now." JB warns him.

"Whatever man." Jackson leaves the table and everyone remains quiet.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." Yugyeom apologizes.

"Yeah you shouldn't have." Yugyeom pouts at BamBam's comment.

"Don't feel hurt Mark hyung. Jackson must be upset about something. He's not this rude." Jinyoung comforts. Mark slightly smiles and nods.

***

After classes end, Jackson asks to speak to Mark.

"I'm really sorry about my outburst earlier. I woke up at the wrong side of the bed today."

"It's cool."

"No it's not. I shouldn't have gotten angry at you. My mom is cool, sweet and nice. You don't need to be afraid about coming at my place and meeting her. My dad won't be around cause he's on a business trip."

"I'm not afraid. I'm just not ready. Plus we only have a month before this is all over."

"Yeah you're right. Don't worry. My mom will understand that you can't make it."

"Thanks."

"Don't be sad okay." Jackson ruffles Mark's hair and leaves the older with a very confused heart and conflicted mind. *

______________&_______________

I'm back guys.
Ready to finish this story.
How have you been?
I'm doing much better.
I want to finish this story during this month so it won't be long.
I hope I've improved in my writing skills.
I have also changed Jinyoung from Junior. You might notice that if you read the previous chapters.

I wanted to thank all those who have read, upvoted and commented on my story while I was gone.
I've read all your lovely, funny and encouraging comments. I hope you can continue to support my story.
Thank you
😘😘😘😘