CHAPTER 5

A race to live

I felt like there was a brick sitting in my stomach.I had killed people all my life.bFamilies,children,and elderly. I killed them all with no emotion. I had never even tried to destroy an entire clan. And with a bomb? I grabbed my lunar sticks and I met Rei at the door. She looked down at my lunar sticks.

"I apologize for speaking out of turn but...I am afraid shredder said to leave your lunar sticks here",she told me.

"He did? Okay",I answered and set the lunar sticks on my bed and followed. Rei out the door. She lead me to her car. As she pulled out into the road I couldn't help ,but ask.

"Rei...wasn't the shredder allianced with the foot clan?",I asked.

"He was....,but now you slaughter them every day... they where gonna be wiped out anyway",Rei.answered thoughtfully I as her expression darken. "Yukana...please...be careful."

I suddenly felt defensive. It's not like I was a brainless child.

"I am not afraid to die",I said darkly.

I didn't speak after that. I nervously felt the little carrying pouch I took with me. That's where I put the bomb. I never worked with explosives before. To me they where more of a krang type of thing. I was nervous it would go off in my little pouch. I watched in fascination as Rei pulled up to a giant dome like building and at first I thought I was back at shredders place,but the walls where a grey and the doors looked different.

"When your done just hitch a ride back home",Rei told me as opened the door. "If you come back I mean..."

I stiffened but, then stepped onto the curb. She was right.

"I wish you the best of luck,may you return safe",Rei called out.

"I will do my best",I promised determinedly.

"We both know shredder won't take "your best" if you fail",Rei spoke with coldness in her voice as she drove off.

I was left there to let her words repeat in my head.we both know shredder won't take "your best" if you fail.I shuttered at the thought of it. The words left a chill in my spine.

I tip toed quietly to the front door. I could here the faint voices of foot ninjas discussing plans. I took a deep breath and kicked the door down. I balled my fist up,prepared to meet an enemy beyond the door. Nothing awaited me. A long hallway stood in front of me. The voices I herd were louder now. The rough voice of Tiger claw made me remember he was running this joint. I still couldn't make out what they where saying.

"Oh well",I thought. There plans are going to be disrupted.

I cracked my knuckles and got in a running position.I took some deep breaths then ran across the hall way.When I was a bout a foot away from running into a door I quickly pivoted. At that moments a pressed the timer on the bomb. I had ten seconds to get the hell out of there. I begain to run as fast as I could to the door. My race to live had begun.

10.

"I am making good time keep running",I told my legs.

9.

"Don't panic that will cloud your mind",I.realized.

8.

I nearly tripped. I quickly caught my self and kept on sprinting.

7.

"Run...run...run..damn it",I nearly tripped.

6.

"Almost there",I tried not to squeal in relief.

5.

I crashed into the door. I tested the knob. It wouldn't open. I twisted it again. It wouldn't budge.

"Crap",I thought. A cold sensation creeped up me that I didn't have time to care about

4.

I jigeled the door frantically.

"HEY THE DOOR WON'T OPEN",I shouted.

3.

"HELP ME PLEASE",I screamed. "THEY DOOR WON'T OPEN!" My heart dropped. This was it....

2.

I tried not to cry as I slumped against the door.

1.

I used my arm to cover my head as I crouched against the door. I herd a loud boom and the force of practically flying as icy darkness consumed me.