CHAPTER 35

I woke and realized the couch I had fallen asleep on had been replaced with a hard floor. Though I didn't open my eyes.

Knowing it was probably a dream I tried to fall asleep again. It was only minutes afterwards I heard an ear piercing shriek that jolted me to my feet and I opened my eyes. I was taken off by my surroundings. It was my old room. Everything....it was all the same as if I'd never left. Would life be the same if I hadn't?No I didn't have time for those questions. I had to help whoever screamed.

So I ran into the familiar hall and looked around. The scream rang again throughout Shredder's layer and I knew for sure it was a women witch confused me cause Shredder didn't have very many women unless....REI! I bolted towards the prison, nearly tripping with every stumbly sprint. I kicked the door down to it and saw Shredder. He was towering over Rei. She looked terrified and her gold eyes where filled with pain.

,No,go away I'll b-be fine",She coughed up a mouthful of blood.

I couldn't bear to watch. As much as I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could never forget the women who raised me. She was the only person I truly felt close to when Shredder was cold and yelled at me,Comforted me when I got hurt in training,stood up for me when I was punished for a small mistake. After all that...I couldn't just leave her to die.

,L-let her go you bastard!!!",My voice came out shaky and I fought to stand tall.

,You don't need this women!",Shredder sneered. She's uselss to me...you however I'll still will give another chance to join me....if you kill her.

Back with Shredder?....I'd be safe and I wouldn't have to worry.   Besides I would get to go on missions with Kirai soon right?Wait NO,what was I thinking?!?!?I can't kill Rei. She's practically my mother.

,So...What do you say?",Shredder asked.

Could I really kill Rei? Maybe I could make it painless...

,Give me the sword",I choked out.

Shredder seemed delighted as he gave me the sword. I walked over to Rei and she looked up at me in fear. I hesitated.

,Do it",Shredder growled into my ear. You won't regret it...

I closed my eyes and brought the sword down as hard as I could. A warm scarlet liquid touched my bare feet and I knew I had done it. I had killed the women who had been the only mother figure in my life.

                                            ***

I awoke screaming loudly with tears running down my face.It took a moment to realize it had been just a dream,but even with that fact I couldn't stop crying. It was dark now and I guessed Raph didn't wanna wake me when he left to go to bed

Only seconds later I heard sound of running feet and Raph burst

into the room. I tried to stop crying,but I couldn't.

,Oh damn it,what's wrong?!?!",He panicked.

,I k-killed h-her",I sobbed.

,What?Who did you kill?",Raph asked sternly.

I couldn't get the words out though and I burried my head in my knees. Then I heard the sound of more feet entering the living room.

,Raphael,what happened here?",Splinter voice asked.

,I don't know sensie,Kana said she killed somebody",Raph answered with uncertainty.

There was a long pause of silence and for a while all I could hear was the sound of myself crying. I thought I heard whispering and the sound of foot steps leaving.

,Calm down it'll be okay",Raph tried to comfort me.

,R-Rei I k-killed Rei",I choked out words.

I felt strong arms lift me gently into the air. It was Raph. He then took me to are room. To my surprise he sat me down on the edge of his bed and sat down in front of me.

I continued to cry and frantically tried to wipe my eyes. I hated that Raph had to see me like this. Then he tilted my chin up to meet his concerned gaze with a hand.His concern was also filled with uncertainty as if he was thinking about something.

I had I no time to react as the one and only Raph leaned down and kissed me.