New

Enjoy!

I watched as Keith pulled off and left me at my dorm. He said he wanted to go to the party that was happening tonight. I didn't mind though, because I didn't want to go to another boring ass party. At least it was boring to me.

I walked into my dorm room and sat down. It was so lonely being the only person in the dorm building. I sighed, thinking about what happened earlier with Shaquana and Keith. I felt my phone vibrate and saw I had a message from Devin.

Devin: wya?

Me: my dorm why?

I didn't get a quick reply so I pulled my phone up and grabbed my shower caddy and walked to the community bathroom. I brushed my teeth and stepped into the hot shower. I relaxed in my thoughts and cleansed myself thoroughly.

Once I was back in my dorm and into something more comfortable, I saw my phone vibrating and glowing. I looked down at the person calling me, confused.

"Hello?" I said.

"Wassup?" I heard deep voice say over the phone.

"Devin?"

"Yeah you didn't reply so I decided to call."

"Oh," I started. "I was in the shower."

"Without me?"

I mentally rolled my eyes. Such a turn off.

"Uh, not trying to be rude, but what do you want?" I said as nicely as possible. It's hard making those words sound nice.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go to this party."

I groaned thinking about the party Keith was talking about. "Um..."

"Cmon," he started. "I can come get you and we can go together. I just want you to come."

I sighed giving in. "Ok I'll go."

I heard his smile through the phone. "Great. Text me your address. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Ok." I said, hanging up the phone.

I cannot believe I'm actually going to this party with a guy Keith told me to avoid, but I just don't listen. I quickly ran to my closet searching for something at least sexy looking. I grabbed a pair of light washed high waisted shorts and a black tank top and slipped on some blank sandals. It was kinda basic but I'm basic.

I lotioned my legs and pulled my curls into a high bun, making sure to lay my edges. I checked my phone and saw a message from Devin.

Devin: pulling up

I smiled and grabbed my phone off the charger and ran out my dorm. I skipped down the steps and saw a black charger pull up. The window rolled down to reveal Devin smirking at me.

"Damn baby." He said. I blushed and walked to the passenger side of the car. I opened it and slid in.

"Nice car." I said, trying to start conversation.

"Thanks," he started, speeding off. "My dad got it for me for my 18th birthday."

He rolled all the windows and blasted rap music as we drove. It didn't take long to get the party. We pulled up to a building and there was a long ass line of people waiting to get inside. We both got out the car with eyes on us. It kinda gave me anxiety because I didn't like too much attention.

My eyes immediately made eye contact with Shaquana and Drea who were at the very end of the line.

They didn't invite me?

I mean I know we just met like yesterday, but still.

I was expecting Devin and I to walked to the back of the line but he grabbed my hand led me to the very front.
Once at the front of the line, the boy letting people in pointing at me. "Devin, this you?"

He nodded, and they both exchanged smirks before letting us in. We didn't even have to pay or anything. I glanced behind me and saw Shaquana and Drea staring at me with envious eyes.

Ha. That's what they get for not inviting me.

Once inside I was so surprised. This is much different from the frat party. They was a large stage with many people on it shouting into microphones will the music blasted through the speakers. There was actually a lot of people in the large space already and way more to come.

I spotted Keith surrounded by a group of guys with a girl dancing on him. I noticed this was happening a lot with the girls dancing on guys and i mentally groaned.

This is not my type of party.

Devin pulled me to the group where Keith was and placed me in front of him, holding my hips. Keith didn't notice us yet due to the girl dancing on him. I felt Devin squeeze my hips before yelling into my ear.

"Cmon, dance."

I turned and looked up to him. "I don't really like dancing."

He laughed before pulling me closer to him. I really did not like this closeness. I felt his hands go lower and rested on my butt. "We can go back to my place if you want."

I moved his hands off my butt and held them. "Ok."

Anywhere but here would b-

"Alana?!"

I'm trying to keep the chapter titles one word and that's hard asf. Lol 😝

Follow me on IG and Snap @bbria1213
I follow back.