Nineteenth Letter

Dearest Best Friend,

Hey S! What's up? It's been so long since my last letter. I've been busy, and still hoping that the bully should stop but sadly no, it's still continuing. The principal and the teachers don't care about it. I wanted to learn taekwondo but we don't have money at that time, so, I only focus studying. My classmates thought I am anti-social, that's not true though. They didn't know how serious I am in studying. By the way, my birthday is coming and wishing my life to be good and healthy. Actually, I'm not wishing to have something that I want or expensive things; I am not a spoiled brat. My family is enough for me. If I want a car, I'll work hard and earn money and then buy myself a car. I don't want my parents to buy a car for me. And my parents don't want to buy a car for me, because they said that I should finish my studies first and then get a decent job, and then I should be the one to buy my first car.

You see my parents taught me and my siblings everything starting from when we were kids. They don't want us to be spoiled brat while growing up. They even told us that we're not stupid and told us that we should be independent. That's why, our mother taught me and my siblings everything especially the house chores and then our father is always there to support us in every decision we made.

My sister is in college already taking up B.S. Nursing. Yeah, she loves that course very much, because our cousins and aunties from my mother's side are graduates of Nursing and 3 of them are already working in a hospital. Me? I might take B.S. Tourism or B.S HRM course for college. It's not because of my height but because of... I love travelling and cooking; that's the reason why I chose both of them. My first choice is HRM and second choice is Tourism. Tomorrow will be my entrance exam for college and I decided to study in college which is near my home, since my mom is worried about me. I really wanted to study in my favorite university here in the Philippines but I told to myself that this is only a dream and this might cause my sickness. Well, I remember what my cardiologist told me, I should not get tired, I should not get stress, and I should always rest and drink medicine. The cardiologist even told me that I am not yet fully healed. It's been 18 years since I had my last heart surgery. Don't worry about me; I can take care of myself. 

So, take care of yourself too, S.

Your ex-best friend,

M