#14; You Talk About It (FACE)

You Talk About War (1920s, around WWI)
Reader is turning 18, but not 18 yet

François Bonnefoy; France
Gilbert Beilschmidt

You sat with Gilbert underneath a tree, sharing a cigarette and talking, when he shared a sudden piece of information.

"I want to go to war." You almost choked on the smoke at that, giving him a questioning look. "I want to help people, fight for what's right..."

You smiled and said, "if you do, I will. I've been looking for an excuse anyways." Gil smiled at you in thanks and you went to a comfortable silence.

Oliver Kirkland; England
Hedvika Libuše Jelínková

You were standing outside your school as Hedvika came up to you. You smiled a little.

"Hey," she said, waving, before she narrowed her eyes. "Is something wrong?" You sighed.

"I want to go to war..." you said softly. She looked at you, obviously shocked. Hedvika's mouth was wide open as she stared.

"What? Why? I... I don't know if you should... people get nightmares from that, if they're lucky, and more.." You nodded, more solemn than usual.

"I know. I've researched everything about it, and... I want to go." She nodded and hugged you tightly.

"It's your decision. You'd better not fucking die, during or after. And I'll write letters with your dad because it's sappy and cliché, okay?" You laughed, cheered up already.

"Okay."

Allen Jones; America
Christian Kirkland

You were at an old swing set with one of your best friends, Christian. You were currently placing a band-aid on the bridge of his nose as he'd gotten into "a massive fight with a skateboard park". His words. Most of his face was scraped but the only real cut was on his nose. You sat back down on a swing next to him.

"You need to stop," you chuckled.

"I know, I know. But look! Another letter!" He took out a crumpled letter from his pocket, addressed to the family from his big brother, Allistor Kirkland. Allistor had gone to war a few years ago, and was still in touch with his family. He would sometimes come back for Christmas and birthdays, but almost all year, he was with the army.

"That's awesome! Big brother Kirks' wrote, huh? He's still kicking?" You laughed and took the letter, reading over it. Allistor was Christian's favourite brother so it made sense, how excited he was. The name 'Kirks' was what you called all the Kirklands, referencing a time when Christian spelt his own name wrong.

"Mhm! He's still alive. Man, it's cool we have this kind of connection in our lives, don't you think?"

"Yeah," you agreed, "it's awesome. The War to end all Wars. It kind makes you wanna join, doesn't it." Christian nods. "Definitely."

You look at each other, knowing sparks in both your eyes.

Mathieu Williams; Canada
Antonio Fernández Carriedo

"War? Why?" You shrugged at Antonio's questions. "Yes, and I don't know. Don't you want to? This is supposed to be the biggest war ever. If we win, imagine the glory!"

"If. If. Amigo, it's an if. If we win. But what if we lose?" He said, concern evident on his face. You grabbed his shoulders.

"I'm not asking you to want to go. I don't want you to. But we have to anyways! Please, Toni..." you looked into his usually excited eyes and he sighed.

"Fine. Together?" He lifted his hand. You grinned and took it.

"Together."