#4; Battles (FACE)

His Scars
Reader is 5-14 years old
May be triggering? idk

François Bonnefoy; France
2004

You were sitting in your room when you heard muffled sounds of pain coming from your papá's room. Putting the book you were reading down, you opened your door. The sounds grew louder so you gently opened the door to your father's room slightly. Your eyes widened as you took in the sight. François was pressing down on his arm, where a large scar lay, pink and swollen. It looked almost as if it had closed over while infected. You closed the door and ran back to your room, wondering how he got it and why it was still there. You never knew.

Oliver Kirkland; England
1946

You were smart, but not smart enough. Maybe when you grow older you will be, but not now. Yet of course, now is the time you need to be smart. When your father hugged you, you pressed himself to him, like usual. He'd always just hug tighter. This time, though, he tensed. When he did, the collar of his shirt slipped down and you caught a glimpse of a scar. Of course, you knew it was there. He got it just before the war ended, but something was wrong. He'd been scratching it, that was obvious. Long pink lines made different patterns across the freckled skin. At one point Oliver at dug his nails into the skin so hard he drew blood. You frowned at the sight, unsatisfied and a little angry that he'd hurt himself.

Allen Jones; America
Alfred Jones; America
2020 (going into the future for this one wow)

One day, your dad came home limping, cheek swollen with a bruise and clutching his arm, dragging his bat on the floor. You didn't know what was going on but your papa immediately leapt into action. He dropped the book he was reading to you, ran over to his husband and lead him carefully over to the bathroom. You sat anxiously but didn't move from the couch. You waited for five minutes. That's when you started hearing hisses of pain from the bathroom. Worried, you got up and made your way into the room. Opening the door, you were shocked at what you saw. Your dad had his shirt off, his back brandishing lots of little cuts that your dad was cleaning. But your attention was taken away from that when you saw the large scars covering his chest, arms and neck. Your parents looked towards you when they heard your gasp, shocked.

"Papa? Daddy?"

Mathieu Williams; Canada
1800

The life of a country was rough. There was pain, suffering, war, poverty... but they all managed to pull through, with little to no damage in the end. How wrong you were about that.

You had packed some sweets in a little basket, planning to eat them in the woods, but then you thought that Matt might want some. So you made your way to his small house, humming softly. This was a familiar path you'd taken many times, so you reached it in a short time. You thought you'd better check if he was home so you looked through the window into the living room. Your stomach dropped. Mathieu was on his couch in front of a large mirror. Because of that, you could see the large scars that ran their ways over his back and chest. You felt sick, almost throwing up. Dropping the basket, you ran the way you came.