Chapter 2

(Katerina's p.o.v)

The days flew by and before I knew it Friday had ended. Hundreds of wolves gathered in the large meadow where pack meetings were held, waiting to leave for The Ceremony. Children not old enough to shift sat on their parent’s backs and mates stood close together. When my father finally appeared the pack took off, our closest neighbour was an hour’s drive away, but we could narrow it down to thirty minutes if we ran. I ran up front with the rest of my family Dad slightly ahead with mum while Lex and I flanked them. The wind whipped through my fur and the nerves that I had been trying to squash all week finally came back to me. Would the ceremony run smoothly or would there be some sort of complication. All these questions raced through my head as we ran, and I couldn’t help but wish that we could hurry up so that the ceremony would be over and done with.

The pack house came into view and we slowed our pace, Dad was the first to shift back throwing on the jeans and shirt he had strapped to his leg, followed by the rest of us. Nudity wasn't a major problem in the werewolf community, but I stilled preferred to shift without people around. The Alpha met us out the front of the pack house and both Dad and he shook hands before introducing us, and the rest of the Archer pack. By now everyone had shifted and so we started to follow the Alpha around the side of the building and out into a clearing that was holding his pack. He strode to the front with Dad and gestured for everyone to settle down.

"Today we welcome the Archer pack and their Alpha to our home. As you are all aware the ceremony to hand down the pack to the heir will be taking place tomorrow where both my son and Alpha Archer's son will officially become the Alpha's of their packs. I ask that you make everyone feel welcome and make their stay an enjoyable one. Thank You". With that both packs started to mingle, I saw Lex give an amused smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"You ready to become Alpha bro?" I laughed as he feigned shock and pulled a face.

"Ha ha very funny Kat, I wonder why dad never corrected him though?".

 "Yeah I was just thinking the same thing here, oh well they'll get the shock of their lives tomorrow".

"They sure will".

After introducing ourselves to some people within the pack Lex and I made our way to the pack house to find the room we would be sharing for the night. Stepping into the house I immediately let out a low whistle, the place looked slightly more fancy to our own back house and while the place had a homey feel to it, it also made you feel like you were stepping through the halls of the royal families palace. The staircase was long and wide and curved around to the left and the deep red and gold colour scheme added to the regal feel of the house. After searching for some time Lex and I finally found the room that we would be staying in. I threw the small bag I carried with me on the bed I would be using. The bag contained the essentials that I would need like toiletries and clothes for the ceremony tomorrow, plus a book that I was in the process of reading. After fighting Lex for first use of the shower I dried my hair and got into bed, grabbing the book I brought I attempted to read to calm my nerves, but it was no use. I was shitting myself now that we were finally here and my brain had finally realized that this was actually happening. Tomorrow I would be Alpha and I didn’t know whether to be excited or scared shitless.

I woke the next morning to Lex practically shouting in my ear.