Chapter 1

Alveena's POV

"You're fired Miss Alveena!" The CEO shouted.

WHAT!?

NOT AGAIN!

NO! 

"What have I done?" I asked in a harsh tone.

"You are not giving us the equal assistance as needed from this post. You told us it's your passion to work as an Architect but here i can see very well why you have been already fired two times from renowned companies. Miss Alveena, we have lost two important projects because of your carelessness. I can't let you work here! You may go now!" He glanced at me and engrossed himself in his work.

I shot him one last glance and stomped angrily out of his office.

GOD! WHY IS IT ONLY ME?

I knew i was on verge of crying.

Tears built up in my eyes but i didn't wanted to create a scene.

I went in my cabin, opened my desk, took all my documents grabbed my purse and fished for my cell phone.

"Anabia, can i come to your place right now? it's urgent!" I asked in half broken voice.

I knew she sensed something odd in me and agreed.

After taking a cab, i drifted off to her house which was not far from the office.

I stood outside her house after 5 minutes and pressed the doorbell.

The door immediately opened with a creak sound and Anabia showed up.

"Hey sweetie...all okay?" She asked. I nodded and entered her living room.

"Let's go upstairs!" She said and we went to her room.

"Tell me what happened!" She immediately asked as soon as we entered.

"They kicked me out again!" I said as tears started flowing down my eyes.

"Aww baby don't cry..." She hugged me.

"Anabia...it was my dream job and my necessity! How would i tell mom i have no money to buy something to eat or even pay for Amira's school!" I said as i counted my responsibilities.

"I can understand Alveena...just don't loose hope." 

How many times? 

How many times will this happen to me?

It's been the third time in just two months.

"Alveena...i have an advice. Why don't you try getting work somewhere else, in an other country maybe." I looked up at her.

"I know it's very hard to live in a place totally new, but you are getting nothing living here, Why not try your luck somewhere else, i don't think this place is lucky enough for you."

Probably she's right.

"But how will i travel? i'm penniless!"  

"I'll help you with that and about your living, you can stay at my brothers in Canada till you get a proper job to move in an apartment, and he'll have contacts to some of the renowned companies that will provide you with a job!" 

I knew it! 

She's the only person who can solve my problem.

"Thanks. But what about mom and Amira?" I can't leave my mother and sister here alone.