chapter 5

-*-*-~-*-*Allison's POV -*-*-~-*-*

The next morning I woke up by hermione's cat crookshanks who jumped on me and snuggled up against me. Hermione helped me get ready for the day. She helped me with my hair and she helped me get my stuff together. When I was done getting dressed and doing my hair. I asked hermione, "So... How do I look?"

"Stunning! Just like your older brother."

I smiled at the compliment and said, "Thanks Hermione."

I hugged her and we walked down to the common room. I saw the twins, Ron, and my big brother. When we were all together we all walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast. After breakfast Harry showed me to my first class he told me that he would pick me up and take me to my next class. I gave him a hug and went into the room.

My classes were:
Astronomy
Charms
(Flying lessons all first years have to take it thats what Harry said)
Defence Against the Dark Arts
Herbology
History of Magic
Potions
and transfiguration

My first class was transfigurations. The class consisted of Gryffindors and Slytherins. I went in and sat in the front row of seats. I sat between a girl and a boy. The girl had brown hair and brown eyes she was in Gryffindor. She said, "Hi I'm Spencer Hastings."

"Hi I'm Alison. Alison Potter."

The boy on my right had light brown hair and had a sharp featured face. He said, "Hello."

I looked at him and shyly said, "Hi."

"I'm Toby Cavanaugh."

"I'm Alison potter."

Me, Toby, and Spencer started talking. Spencer and Toby had both gasped when I said I was Alison Potter. I had asked why and they both said that I was famous. I was curious but I would have to talk to Harry about it. We were waiting for Professor McGonical to come in, but instead of a human coming in a cat came in.

The cat had gray fur and markings on its sides. square markings around its eyes. It gracefully walked to the front of the room and sat on the stool in front of the teachers desk. Seconds later the feline cat turned into aging lady with square classed on her nose. She wore green robes and had her grey hair up in a tight bun. she spoke,

"Hello class I am Professor McGonical I will be teaching you transfigurations. Now can anyone tell me what transfiguration is?"

I was the first one to raise my hand.

"Yes Miss Potter."

I shyly spoke, " Transfiguration is the art of changing the form or appearance of an object."

"Very good Miss Potter. Ten points to Gryffindor."

The Gryffindors cheered. Spencer and
Toby both said, "How did you know that?"

I just shrugged, "I don't know."

We sat in there for a hour. We learned somethings about Switching spells which alters only a part of some objects. Vanishing spells which make things disappear. Conjuring spells which can create objects out of thin air. But the most interesting thing that interested me was animiguses. The bell rang and I waited for everyone to get out of the room. Toby and Spencer waited for me.

Harry walked in and said, "Hello Professor. Hey Alison, how was class? Who are your friends?"

Professor McGonical greeted Harry, "Hello Mr. Potter. Alison is doing great."

I blushed, "Thank you Professor. Harry this is Spencer and Toby."

She nodded.

We bid our goodbyes.