Chapter 4

======= Allison's POV=======

I woke up on the floor in the train compartment. My head hurt so much. The lights had came back on and Professor Lupin hovered over me, along with Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

I mumbled, "W-what just h-happened?"

Ron said, "You were attacked by a Dementor. The same thing happened in Harry's third year, It's like deja vu!"

Hermione Glared at Ron and said, "Ron!"

"What? It is!"

Harry cut them both off, "Stop it you two! We better go and get changed into our robes."

With a angry glare at Ron, Hermione took my hand and took me to get changed. Once changed me and Hermione walked back down the corridor. I wanted to ask Hermione something but wasn't sure how to ask. So I gathered some courage and asked, "Um... Hermione, d-do you l-like me?"

She looked down at me said, "Of course I like you! I already consider you as a little sister!"

I smiled at her last comment and looked down at the floor, obviously shy. We entered our compartment and waited to stop at Hogsmead. The train finally stopped and Harry helped me take my luggage off of the train. I had Dawn's cage in my hands and I set it down by my luggage.
I could hear the students chatter as they got off of the train and I could hear a booming voice saying, "Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione dragging me along walked up to the Giant. Harry, Ron, Hermione all said, "Hi Hagrid!"

The giant named Hagrid said, "Hello, Harry, Ron and Hermione! And who is this little one?"

He pointed at me. Harry said, "Hagrid, this is my little sister Allison."

Hagrid smiled at me and said, "Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me."

I said goodbye to Harry, Hermione, and Ron since they aren't going in the boats. Hagrid led the first years to the lake and told us all to get in a boat. I got in a empty boat and was by myself. We had set sail across the dark waters and I looked up and saw a huge castle. Most of the first years were in awe. Even I was! Harry had told me all of the teachers names and explained what they looked like, and what they taught. Once on land we headed up to the castle. I walked by Hagrid, I felt so... small. Compared to him of course! When we entered the castle Professor McGonagall greeted us. She spoke up getting all of the first years attention.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup. The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily."

She leaves and the first years start chatting. I stand by myself closet to the door. Minutes later Professor McGonagall comes back and says, "We're ready for you>"

We all enter the Great hall. There were four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky. I looked around fascinated. McGonagall said, "All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words"

Dumbledore stood and said, " I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all student. Also the Twiwizard tournament will be at our school this year.'

He sat back down and Mcgonagall continued, "When I call your name, come up, I will put the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your house."

It went by quick. My name was called twice because I was not paying attention, I was looking around the Great Hall.

"Miss Potter, will you pay attention please? Now come up so you can be sorted into your house."

I walked up and sat on the stool and the sorting hat was place on my head.

The hat spoke to me, "Another Potter. Hmm... difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage like your father, mother, and brother I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you? I could put you in the same house as your brother, or PERHAPS slytherin, you would be great, you know. Its all here in your head. Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness! There's no doubt about that! No? Well... Better be... GRYFFINDORR!!"

There was applaud at he Gryffindor table and I went and sat by Harry and the gang. They all greeted and congratulated me on being sorted into Gryffindor. We ate dinner at last and it was the best I have ever eaten except for mrs. Weasley's food. After dinner Dumbledore went on with some speech and I totally zoned everything out. Until it was time to go to our dormitories. I shared a room with Hermione, Ginny, and the Patil twins. Once in my pj's and in bed dosed off into a wonderful, peaceful dream.