Chapter 9: The Unknown Power

Start from the beginning

You: "Stay here and rest, Pema needs your comfort right now. I will be back before sunrise." And with that sentence he takes off flying towards the city at speeds I've never seen before. As he's flying I hear an audible boom in the sky. I see Asami gasp.

Korra: "What is it?" She looks at me with a shocked face.

Asami: "He's moving faster than the speed of sound." I look to Mako and Bolin.

Korra: "We need to go help him find them. Asami, can you stay here with Pema?" I see them all nod and we jump on Naga and head towards the city. I don't know what's happening to M/N, and I don't know who took the kids, all I know right now is that they have two of the most powerful people on earth looking for them.

*TIMESKIP*

We looked all night, and into the morning, we asked Lin if she'd seen any sign of them. She said nobody had seen anything suspicious. She sent out a search team throughout the day so we could rest but said we would have to search at night. With that we went back to the temple. I saw Pema sitting on the steps looking over the city. When she sees us arrive she stands up hopefully, but the looks on our faces must have given us away. She sat back down and started to cry again. I see Tenzin walk out to comfort his wife, although it looked like he had been crying to.

Pema: "Oh god I'm never going to see them again." Her head falls into her hands.

Tenzin: "You guys should go get some rest, Lin told me she has people looking for them during the day. We all look at each other and nod, while I see Asami walk around the corner. Pema looks up hopeful at her too.

Asami: "I'm sorry Pema, the docks and the bay showed no sign of them." I see Pema sit again. I walk inside and grab a roll and as soon as I hit the bed I'm out like a rock.

*TIMESKIP*

I awake and see the sun setting and head outside to find Asami, Mako, and Bolin getting ready to head out. We split in two teams, Me and Mako, and Asami and Bolin. Although I see Asami and Mako give each other a look before we part ways.

Korra: "What was that all about?" I ask him as we ride Naga through the empty streets, almost everyone is either asleep or home by now.

Mako: "We broke up." What?

Korra: "Can I ask why?" I feel him grab my shoulder. I turn to face him and see the emotions in his eyes.

Mako: "Because Korra, I love you." I feel him lean in and can't stop myself from leaning in as well. He does love me. I bet he always has too. I feel our lips touch, I feel the passion between us as it happens. I feel him pull back and I turn around and lay into him. We continue searching through the night and meet up with Asami and Bolin in the morning at the docks. We all become quiet when neither one of us has found any sign of them. How were we supposed to tell Pema? We arrive on the island as the sun is rising, and again, Pema is sitting there, although with Tenzin. I see Pema stand and gingerly walk over to us, she looks like she hasn't slept much at all these past two nights.

Pema: "Did you find, anything?" I look down a shake my head no. I hear her begin sobbing again. It's been 36 hours since they disappeared. I look up to Tenzin, now trying to keep his wife standing.

Korra: "Have you guys seen M/N at all?" I see them shake their heads no. Oh no... what if whoever took the kids has M/N too? I'm shaken from my thought by a loud voice coming from the stairs leading up to the temple.

Meelo: "He was all Boom! Kabang! He was like a super leaf!"

Ikki: "He was also like Fireball! Big Rock Attack! And don't forget that big light explosion he did!" I see Meelo and Ikki appear at the top of the stairs.

Pema: "Meelo! Ikki!" I see her run over to them along with Tenzin.

Meelo: "Ma! Dad!"

Ikki: "Mommy! Daddy!" I see them all hug at the top of the stairs until Pema pulls away.

Pema: "Wait! Where's Jinora?!" She questions looking around.

Ikki: "She's walking up the stairs with M/N, she didn't want to leave him when we ran up." As if on cue I see M/N and Jinora appear at the top of the steps. I see Jinora giggling madly and M/N smiling, I also see her blushing a bit when he smiles at her. Oh I "know" I this is going to be funny.

Pema: "Jinora! Are you all ok?" I see them all nod. I walk up to M/N.

Korra: "Are you ok?" I ask, he nods but still seems distant. I hug him gently, but as I feel his back, it's wet. I pull my hand back and see it stained with blood. I look up to him with a stern face. I see him roll his eyes and put a finger to his lips. He covers his mouth and whispers to me.

You: "I didn't want to worry the kids, meet me outside the showers in 15 minutes, I'm going to need you to heal something." I nod, he seems calm enough that's it's nothing life threatening or very serious. I see him walk over to Tenzin with a serious face.

Tenzin: "I don't know how I can tha-"

You: "Its fine, but we don't have time for thank you's anyway, I saw a map with markings on it in the warehouse. The equalists are attacking the city... tonight." I see everybody's faces change instantly. "You need to warn Lin about the attack and tell her to get the troops ready. We might need the United Forces too, depending on how large the attack is. Tell her to try and get General Iroh, I would trust him the most." I see Tenzin nod and run off to radio Lin. I see M/N head off towards the showers. I sit next to Mako and Jinora as we eat. I hear Meelo and Ikki talking about how they escaped, probably over exaggerating the entire thing.

Meelo: "He took on 300 guys alone!" I spray my food all over Bolin at that.

Korra: "What!? 300!?" I turn to Jinora to see if he's telling the truth. She just nods in a daydreamy kind of way.

Jinora: "Yea... he took them all on to save me- uh I mean us, he saved us." I see the blush on her cheeks and hear Pema laugh for the first time in a while.

Pema: "Oh, was he dressed in armor like Prince Charming too?" I see Jinora blush even more and hear everybody laughing softly.

M/N: "What's so funny?" I turn to see M/N with a bandage around his lower back that hooks around his shoulder and a pair of white shorts on.

Korra: "Oh nothing, just talking about how Jin-" I feel a gust of wind blow a roll into my mouth. I hear M/N start laughing and look over to see Jinora smiling at me.

M/N:"Hey, Korra? Could you help me with my back? I'm not gonna lie it's worse than Ithought." I nod and follow him to the healing tub. He unravels the bandage anda see a deep gash in the lower left side of his back, it only looks about aninch deep but still seems to be bleeding quite a bit. I heal it the best I canand wrap a new bandage around it. As I see M/N come out fully clothed andseemingly good as new except for a bad cut next to his left eye. But as we makeour way back to the dining room I hear the whir of an airship. I look to M/Nand we run outside. The sky was lined with airships and I could see somebuildings on fire from the island. The attack had started early.