A new me

I told my family to be on their best behavior. My fiancé was coming over and they didn't need to screw it up. Especially, my brother. If Lucas saw my real family, he probably wouldn't marry me, but he does love me. So I really need my family to be NORMAL. Now thinking about it, that's never going to happen.

I heard the doorbell ring from my room. Oh god. They're here.

"Hello, welcome Beineke's," I heard my father's voice boom as the door creaked open. I fixed my dress a little and started my walk down. I tried to make them not hear me. But, if I didn't go fast enough to get there, my mother and father would of done something wrong. Like kill them. Or let them meet mother's giant squid.

I look over and see my fiancé. God, how much I love him. And he's wearing he's usual, just a little more neat. But, that wasn't going to be the fashion crisis about to go down.

I see my mother start talking to Lucas about her younger years. I needed to cut her off. "Thank You mother," as soon as I said that, all eyes where on me.

As I'm walking down my father gasps, "Paloma what are you wearing?"

My mother examines my YELLOW dress. "Wednesday, we don't wear bright colors. Bright colors are for people with no imagination and...."

A girl who is most likely Lucas's mother takes off her coat revealing a bright yellow dress. My mother sighs, "I guess some people can pull it off."

"I think it's a lovely dress Wednesday," his mother says. She starts to recite some poem about the color yellow. My eyes start to wonder to my fiancé. He smiles and waves, I roll my eyes and look over to his mother and back. Telling him to shut his mother up if you want to be alone.

"Hey, mom. How about you and..."

"You can call me Morticia."

"Morticia. Can go talk. Father you can go with Wednesday's father," Lucas says.

"Okay, children. You are free to go," my father says. I immediately grabbed Lucas's hand and started pulling him up the stairs.

"Leave the door open you hear!" We both heard his father shout. We turned down the hallway to my room and held hands. "What happened to you, Di?" He laughed.

"I wanted your parents to like me before we got married," I said.

"I can't believe that color exists in your closet," he says. He just can't let it go can he. "Just promise that when this is over you'll burn it," he says.

I opened the door to my room and he closes the door behind me. "Believe me. I was already planning it."

"There's my, Di," he says holding my face. He kissed me and my arms wrap around his neck. Then my brother barges in. "You two are disgusting," he says. I stop kissing Lucas to go beat him up. But, Lucas holds me back. My brother slams the door on us. "Brother and sister love," he laughs laying on my bed.

I lay next to him putting my head on his chest. "Tell me about it." I agreed

We laid there for a while and Lucas was just holding me. This was going to be the person I was with for the rest of my life.

"Are you nervous about telling your family?" Lucas asks.

"I've never been nervous," I say. He looks at me rolling his eyes and we both laugh. "Of course I'm  nervous."

"Just one question," Lucas says smiling his grin.

"What." I say now laying on top of him.

"How many kids do you want?" He laughs. And I punch him in the gut. Yesterday we talked about this. He says he wanted a Lucas jr, I told him to forget about it. If we had a daughter we would name her Nell. It's been agreed on.

"Definitely one not named Lucas jr," I laugh.

"What if he looked like me," he says.

"All of our children are going to look like us. Idiot," I smile kissing him.

"But, what if he's like an exact replica. Like a twin," he says.

"Your own child can't be your twin."

"And why not."

"Do I really have to explain how this works," I say burying my face in his chest. He laughs as I look back up at him as he runs his fingers through my hair.

"I would be the happiest person alive, if they all looked like you."

Sure, Lucas was cheesy at some point. But, I didn't care. I loved him. And he loves me. My weird quirks and all. That's why I love him. My clock buzzed. 8:00. It's time for dinner.

"You ready for dinner," I say. He sighs. "Let's only hope."

"I love you."

"I love you too, my vampire, my huntress, my Wednesday."