Chapter 01

August up top.  ^

August's P.O.V

I laid on the floor of my cage, the cold steel seeping through my naked body and leaving me shivering and curling in on myself in an attempt to preserve any body heat that I had left. It wasn't like this was new, I was used to being cold all the time, as this cage had been my home since I presented as an omega at the young age of eight. Omegas were a widely disputed topic among the packs. Some thought of them as a nuisance,  others thought of them as the core of the pack and treated them as if they were Alphas. I was unlucky enough to get the latter of the two choices.

There used to be a few omegas in the pack, but they had all died off last winter, leaving me to be the only plaything for the Alpha. Sometimes I wished I would have died right along with them, but the Moon Goddess seemed to have different ideas. Couldn't she see that I was suffering? That I would much rather be in eternal paradise than stay here to be used and beaten every day?

Yeah, you heard that right. I'm the one who makes the money in the pack, even though I haven't left the darkness of the basement for nine years now. Alpha doesn't think the pack makes enough money as is, so he would rent my body out to strangers. Some days, I have a few male wolves come down and use me, other days I would get a break, though that wasn't very often. Most nights I would end up curled in the corner of my cage, crying quietly to myself and trying to get rid of any evidence of what the men had done to me. It wasn't a good life, but it was my life.

Unfortunately, one of those nights of being used had proved fruitful, and I was carrying a litter whose father I didn't even know. This wasn't new, either. Most of the times, the rougher treatment and undernourishment would result in a miscarriage. I would birth the litter alone, then the Alpha would come down, beat me for making a mess of my cage, and clean up the blood pups. This would be my fourth litter. My first when I was thirteen, another at fourteen, and my most recent at sixteen. That litter I'd had just seven months ago. I was hardly healed for that, and now I was going to have to prepare for another night of loss.

I listened to the sounds of heavy footfalls in the hallway upstairs. There was a pause, and then light seeped through the doorway at the top of the stairs, momentarily leaving me blind. I sat up and blinked rapidly as I got used to it, watching the Alpha silently as he stalked down the stairs. He was a younger Alpha, in his late twenties. He was tall, much taller than my pitiful 5'2", with muscles that rippled with every movement and dark hair that was slicked back. His piercing blue eyes would be a nice color if I didn't associate the deep blue with him.

Alpha let a lazy smirk play at the edges of his lips, peering down at me. I respectfully lowered my gaze, knowing that I would be beaten if my eyes met his. My body was tense as I waited for him to speak or drag me out of the cage and beat me. He never came down to see me unless he brought another man or the rare times he would remember to feed me. It was unnerving because this was new. No food, no man.

There was a brief silence before he kicked the edge of the cage, making me jump with the sudden sound. Alpha chuckled quietly, the sound deep and malicious. "Pathetic." He sneered. Though I was still looking down at the floor, I could feel his eyes burning into my skin like fire. There was another pause before he spoke up again. "I expect you to be on your best behavior tomorrow, Omega. Alpha Devon from the Evergreen Pack is coming to see you, and he's paying way more than your useless self is worse. If I hear one bad word from you, I'll beat you within an inch of your life. Do you understand?" His voice was cold, and it made me shiver with the fear that was buzzing through my veins.

"Yes, Alpha." I replied in a shaky whisper. He muttered something along the lines of 'good' before kicking at my cage again. I didn't dare lift my eyes until the light went out and the door shut with a soft click. I let out the breath I hadn't known I was holding, then pressed my back to the farthest corner of my cage. I buried my head between my knees and cried quietly.

It was rare that Alpha would bring another Alpha down to see me. He was always cautious about who he let me see. He didn't want anybody to get him in trouble or take me away, because then he wouldn't have a good source of money from the pack. Not once had he slipped up, so I wasn't hopeful. I had lost hope long ago. Alphas were usually much rougher than the betas and warriors of the pack, and I would often pass out from the pain only a few minutes in it. They would complain about it and when I came to, I would be beaten again for not keeping awake. 

Either way, I had to be prepared for tomorrow. Evergreen pack was a large and strong pack residing in north eastern United States, so if the Alpha was coming the whole way to England to use me, he had to have paid a lot. I didn't see why he would waste his money flying all the way here just to use me, but I had no say in anything. After all, I was just an unwanted Omega.

Hello! It's the author here. How about five votes for the next chapter? It's a bit on the shorter side, but I promise it will get better as time goes on! ~~GayBabyAshton