Chapter 14

It was dusk and I was exploring the house with Mia. We've met a few people on the way, but thankfully not Xander. After our last conversation, I had no urge to talk, or even see his face — er, him, his face was always hidden.

     "Mia?"

     "Yes, Princess?", she replied politely.

     "Did you, ever see Xander?", I asked her.

     She was confused at first. "Um, I see him every day, Princess. He's our Prince afterall."

      I laughed. "No, that's not what I meant."

     Her forehead creased and her nose wrinkled and mouth became an "o". Her expression was priceless. I laughed harder

     "I don't get it, Princess", she said, now really confused about my reason of laughter.

     "I mean, uhm... did you ever see his face, Mia? Like, how he looks, his eyes and stuffs like that?", I asked, hopefully. "He never ever shows me his face. He's always wearing that hood to cover himself up and it's so irritating! I want to know", I went on, "about his looks, features. I bet, he looks attractive though, but I don't know", I said looking away.
     Surely, he looked attractive enough, with that chiselled jawline and perfect red lips.

     She shook her head. "No, Princess, I've never seen him, jot without his hood. He never shows his face. In fact, very few people actually saw him, that is, after he became the way he is now, My Lady"

      "Oh. But, why so?"

      "I'm afraid I've no answer to that, Princess. I don't know. People say, it's a scar that he hides. Few say, his face was badly burnt off in the war, but none of knows for sure. But, I don't think so, Princess. I don't think he hides any marks."

     I gulped. Scars? Burnt? Marks? Dangerous.

     "But, Princess. I instead think, it's got something to do with him being a vampire. Mother used to say, he was a normal human back then, but suddenly he went missing for a long time. And when he came back, he started covering himself up. And now, he's the Prince of both vampires and humans, so, maybe he covers it up to make himself look as humanly as possible", she said so fast, without a break.

     "Maybe."

     She changed the topic and took my hands in hers. Her eyes shined brightly and she smiled.
     She's a pretty and kind lady, but her life is so hard, I thought. She's so young and she definately deserves so much better than this life. But, her happiness was infecticious and I smiled too.

     "Princess Eva, I just remembered something. Please come with me", she said.

     "Uh, where are we going, Mia?"

     "You'll see, my Lady."

     She held my hand and took me to the third floor, excitedly. I was actually happy to see her smiling, even in all the hardships. We stopped infront of a door.

     "Open it, Princess."

     The door looked ornamental, with golden patterns on the wood carvings. I turned the knob, curious to see what room it was. A bedroom, and it was beautiful with a Queen sized bed, couches with leather seats, a large closet and big windows. The walls were lilac with with gold floral patterns and the silk curtains were a dark shade of purple. There was a beside table. It had a bathroom — which was equally luxarious with white and golden. But, the best thing  was the balcony. It had a big balcony and cool breeze was entering the room.

     "Oh... wow", I said in awe.

     "Did you like your room, my Lady? I ordered them to set this up for you."

     "It's absolutely so awesome, Mia. Is this all mine?"

     She smiled and nooded. "A beautiful room for my beautiful Princess."

     "Thank you Mia. I know, I've already said this so many times before, but, you really are the best!", I said excitedly.

     She laughed a little. "Would you like your dinner to be brought here, Princess Eva?"

     I nodded. "That's be so great."

     "I'll send it, my Lady. For now, you explore your new room", she said. "I've a few works in the kitchen. Sorry for leaving, Princess." She left and closed the door behind her.

     I went to the balcony and stood there, for I don't know how long. There was a forest a little far away from the house, and from the views, it looked like the manor was situated somewhere outside the main city.

     I loved the view, but the dark forest scared me a bit. It looked like a haunted forest, so dark and full of big trees. Even the cenetery could not be seen from here. I had no idea where I was. I didn't even knew that such a thick forest existed in New Orleans.

     "How will I go back?", I murmerred.

     Knock. Knock.

     "Princess Eva. Your dinner is here", said a girl from other side of the door.

     Time flew so fast, that, night had already fallen and I had no idea. I was just standinf there in the balcony, checking out the views and the forest.

     "Come in", I said and a young lady came in and set my dinner on the bedside table and bowed at me.

     "Thank you", I said curtly. She smiled politely and left. I looked at the wall clock and it saw it was nearly 11 p.m.

     I ate my dinner. I loved being along and I was getting my privacy at last. Xander wasn't here and I felt happy, free. That night, I went to bed early.

******

     I felt someone was stroking my hair, I loved the feeling, the comfort. But the fingers of the person was cold. I liked the feeling and smiled in my sleep.

     Then, I felt the person's cool lips were lightly pressed on my forehead.

     "Sleep, my love. I'm so sorry", he said softly.

     I murmerred in my sleep. He stroked my hair again, soothingly.

     "I love you, Eva", he whispered.

     I opened my eyes hearing those words and looked around. But the room was dark and empty. The curtains were blowing in the wind. But, I felt a cold familiar presence, Xander's presence. I rubbed my eyes.

     "Xander?", I called out.

     No one answered. "I was dreaming", I said to myself and laid back down, closing my eyes again, trying to sleep.

     But, I heard soft footsteps and my door clicking shut. The cold presence wasn't around anymore.

     And, this time, I was sure.

     Xander was here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Xander visting eva's room at night. Now that's sweet ;)

Vote and comment if you liked the Chapter.

Untill next update

Lots of love...
~Rose~