Story #4: Hangeng's Story

It was a hot afternoon and Hangeng was currently at his martial arts class. He was now sitting at one end of the room, taking a quick rest. He took one bottle of water then quickly led the water rinse his dry throat as he then sighed in relief.

It was their break time but one girl was still practicing with her sparring partner. She was the most eager one among of them students, to learn martial arts. Most students were amazed of how passionate she is in doing that. They wonder how she could not get tired. She would be the first one to be in the room before class, and even after class she still practices. Even her sparring partner was obviously getting tired.

Hangeng had observed her nowadays. He didn't know why but the girl seemed to always catch his attention without doing anything in particular. But to him, she somewhat looks... familiar.

"Geng!" he got back to his senses when their master called him.

"Yes sir?" he said as he quickly stood up straight.

"I said let's begin to do warm-ups again and you lead."

Geng bowed slightly to show that he approves.

"Chariot! (Attention!)" he shouted which made the students quickly stood up straight, then Hangeng led them to the warm-ups until they were now doing the real moves.

Hangeng was like the 'president' or the 'leader' of the class. He was the greatest among them all. The class adores him like how they adore the girl mentioned before too. The two of them serves as the head of the class because of their great skills in doing martial arts.

At last, the class was done. Everyone was very exhausted and was now excited to go home to get plenty of rest and also to eat food to fill their empty stomachs.

Hangeng finished packing his things up and was about to leave when someone approached him.

"Hey Geng, can I ask for a favor?"

Hangeng looked up to see who it was. It was the sparring partner of 'the-matial-arts-girl'.

"You're Iris' sparring partner, right?" he asked.

The guy (Iris' partner) nodded. "Yeah.. And, you see, I really need to get home early because of some reasons. So.. can you be Iris' sparring partner for now? Just for now?"

Hangeng raised an eyebrow, hesitating whether to agree or not.

The guy placed his palms together and pleaded him.

Geng sighed. "Well, oka---" But before he could even continue, the guy ran off the room.

Iris got startled when she saw her sparring partner running towards outside. She then peeked out from the door and shouted, "Yah! Jinhyung-ah! Where are you going? We still have--"

"Hangeng's going to help you for now! Bye!" she heard Jinhyung shout.

Iris suddenly froze to her spot as she heard what he said. "H-Hangeng?" she whispered, but Geng heard it.

"U-Umm.. Iris-ssi, is there something wrong?" he asked, noticing her sudden reaction.

Iris didn't seem to move immediately so he quickly stood up and asked again.

"Does it bother you if I'll be you're sparring partner? Why do you feel so tensed? Are you afraid of me? It's alright.. I'm not as tough as you think," he explained and was about to walk towards her but stopped as soon as she turned around and gave him a serious glare.

"Who says I'm afraid of you? I just think that.. why should I have sparring lessons with my rival?"

Her words had taken him aback. "R-Rival?"