Story #6: Kangin's Story

It was a typical Sunday when Kangin decided to take a stroll around the city. Super Junior had been very busy lately and their schedules were tight that they haven't take a long rest for a while. Kangin thought that he could breathe in some fresh air and relax himself first before doing his duties as an idol.

It was 6:00 in the morning and he felt the warm of the sun as it rises. While walking, he looked at the sunrise that was a little visible from his view; and it nearly took his breath away. It was very relaxing to watch. But he also thought, which was more beautiful to watch? The sunrise? Or the sunset?

Soon, he passed by a mini-playground when he saw that it was empty.. except for a girl sitting on a swing. The girl's head is bowed down, making her long hair cover her face. Her shoulders rested on her knees which were far apart from each other while her hands are clutched together. Kangin also noticed that the girl was wearing... pajamas?? Well, it also looked like what patients wear at the hospital. Either way, why was she wearing that?

Kangin stopped and out of curiosity, his feet were suddenly walking towards her. He crouched down in front of the girl as he tried to look at her face. He wanted to mutter a word but he couldn't. Tongue-tied? Pretty much. But he didn't know why. Maybe because he couldn't disturb a girl having a peace of mind?

On the other hand, Anne's eyes were shut tightly. She was thinking and was giving herself a peace of mind. Her life hasn't been peaceful for a while. She needed to take some rest. She wanted to make herself happy, even for the last time. She's not happy with her life even though she tried her best to be happy. But.. she hoped that even for just today, she'll be happy.

Her concentration broke when Anne felt someone's stare. She opened her eyes slowly and was taken aback when she saw someone already in front of her. She almost fell in surprise but Kangin quickly grabbed her arm and helped her to regain balance.

"U-Uh.. Thanks?" she said in a question.

"What are you doing here, miss?" Kangin asked out of curiosity.

"Huh?"

"Where have you been? And why are you wearing pajamas?" Kangin's question made her confuse as she looked at her clothes.

"Pajamas?" When she realized what Kangin was talking about, she started to burst out laughing.

There was a question mark on Kangin's head. Why was she laughing? "What's so funny?"

"Pajamas.. pfft.." Anne tried hard to surpress from laughing again.

"Are you laughing at yourself for realizing that you're wearing pajamas?" Kangin asked which made her laugh again like crazy.

What is going on with this girl? Kangin thought and was about to go when Anne took a hold of his shirt.

"W-Wait..." she said as she tried to calm herself down from laughing. She started to wipe the tears that were caused from her laughters and took a deep breath. "Whew.."

"You're crazy.." Kangin stated.

"Maybe," she replied with a smile, which made Kangin raise an eyebrow.

"Sorry for laughing that hard.. I haven't laughed like that for years. Thank you," she smiled again. And it seemed like it kind of affected Kangin. When he saw her smile, it was like he had the will to protect her. When he looked into her eyes, there were sadness in it and he wanted to take it away from her. He felt.. weird.

"Hey, are you okay?" Anne asked, snapping him back to reality.

"Uhh.." he grabbed a hold of himself before answering. "Of course I am! The question is, are you okay? Why are you here all alone anyway?"