pre: intro

THE ART OF BURNINGA NOVEL BY JASPER, @astrologay, CIRCA 2018

THE ART OF BURNING
A NOVEL BY JASPER, @astrologay, CIRCA 2018.

THE DOMINO EFFECT
This book is the sequel to my other book on here, The Domino Effect. Feel free to read this without reading that first, you shouldn't get too confused. And if you do, you can always ask me. However, I'd recommend reading TDE first. There are important overarching themes and parallels between the books that you'll miss out on if you don't.

EPIGRAPH
❝ History repeats itself . . . first as tragedy, then as farce. ❞
— Karl Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Napoleon

EXTENDED SUMMARY
Six months after he nearly ended the world, Cain Terranova is back at it again, fucking things over for everyone else. Because his sister both is and isn't dead; she's trapped between two dimensions, a living (maybe), breathing (possibly) Schrödinger's cat. And he's the only one that can save her.
(Or so he thinks.)
So, naturally, he takes matters into his own hands. But here's the thing: he doesn't just run away from home, he runs out of this dimension. While there, a lovely young couple takes him under their wing. Except they're not exactly lovely. A revolutionary with a shattered past and a girl he thinks he's met before, back home, back in his own dimension. And while Cain might only be here to find his sister, revolutionaries are going to revolutionize, and he's going to be forced to not just pick at old wounds, but completely tear the skin off.
Hilarity ensues.
(Just kidding. Death ensues. And fire. Lots and lots of fire.)

CONTENT WARNING
Violence, death, foul language and vulgar jokes throughout. Police brutality. Some racism.
A (very brief) instance of child abuse, and (very brief) mentions of this in the following chapter. Warnings will be included beforehand.
Please let me know if there's anything in specific you guys would want me to put a specific warning about on chapters or if there's something I forgot to put a warning about.

COVER
this beautiful cover is by realisticbeauty ❤️

ACHIEVEMENTS
⇢ shortlisted & longlisted for the 2018 wattys
⇢ 2nd place in adventure of the recognition awards

THE WATTYS