"Would it be too cold to go to the beach tomorrow?" She asks. I stare at her incredulously, it's freezing out. Another burst of laughter from across the room and my attention is taken from Catherine.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." I mumble in response to her question. Elizabeth sips her drink as she listens to Finn, both their eyes surreptitiously glancing up at me for a moment before they both snort with laughter again.

"What's so funny?" Catherine asks. It takes me a moment to realise she's asking them and not me. I look at her and find her eyes flickering between me and Elizabeth. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't worry, just uh, music." Finn says, bursting into giggles with Elizabeth again. I look down and see that I've subconsciously crushed the empty can in my hand and I put it down on the floor.

"Oh, music? I'm sure we'd all love to hear what it is you're discussing. I love music.If I had learned to play an instrument I'd probably never stop! How's Georgiana's playing getting along, Will?"

Elizabeth's point of view.

"She's really getting good at it." Will replies to Catherine.

"That's great. Remind her if she wants to be perfect she'll have to practice a lot."

"She does." He answers her stiffly.

"Good. You can't be good without practice, as I told Elizabeth yesterday. It took me years of practice to perfect my runway walk, but my agent says I've got it nailed now. You know, Elizabeth, if you want to practice, there's a piano at the back of the house where you wouldn't disturb anyone." I try not to blush in embarrassment at her words. Why do I feel like the world is against me for half of my life?

I'm thankful when Finn speaks up. "Actually Elizabeth, you promised me you'd play to me, what about now?"

"Oh yeah, we'd all love to hear your talents!" Cathy says enthusiastically, and nods toward the piano in the room. Why does every rich white family around here own a piano?

I shrug and go over to the instrument on the other side of Finn. I open it up and sit down. After a few moments I begin to play Chopin's No. 15 Prelude in D flat Major. The room falls silent for the first part of the song, and when I drift into the second part Catherine loses interest and begins to talk loudly to Will about God knows what. My playing isn't perfect and I know I'm playing it miles slower than it should be played, but I really love the song.

I almost jump when Will abruptly gets up and walks over to where I'm playing.

"If you're trying to intimidate me into messing up, it won't work. Even if your sister is amazing at playing. I refuse to be scared by you." I say defiantly, smirking whilst I play.

"You know I'm not trying to intimidate you, Elizabeth. I know any attempts to do so would be futile anyway." He replies. When I look up a lost smile is playing on his lips. "And I've known you long enough to know you sometimes say stuff you know isn't really true."

"Your cousin will warn you against me." I say to Finn, chuckling to myself. "I had hoped we'd become good friends, but Will is the one person who can, and will, expose my faults to everyone. However, two can play that game. Will hasn't been the angel everyone thinks he is at my school." I smile back at Finn, but when I look up at Will there's a slight threat I send to him through my eyes. "So go on Will, tell Finn about all the lies I tell, I dare you."

"I'm not afraid of you." He smiles down at me, surprising me by not retaliating to my challenge.

"What do you have against him, you have to tell me now." Finn laughs from behind me. I stop my playing and look back at him.