They Had No Idea

So I randomly had this idea and almost died of feels. So then I told my good friend Bekah (lovinfandom) about it and they too almost died. So I hope you like this. Also thanks to Bekah for the cover art!!!

<><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kara had been dreading this day since she made the appointment last week. She checked her phone to make sure she was heading to the right place.

CC Jitters - 12:30
-Barry

Kara was driving to Central City to meet this dude and hopefully be his new roommate. Kara hardly drove anywhere, but Alex had said it would be a little suspicious if she appeared and left out of nowhere. So Winn had agreed to let her borrow his car as long as she treated it like it was a newborn puppy - extra carefully. Central City is 35 minutes away from National City. Just enough distance to hopefully avoid her. The whole reason Kara was looking for a new roommate and apartment was because her girlfriend - ex-girlfriend had kicked her out after she found out Kara was Supergirl. Kara had thought Lena would understand, but it turns out she had a real problem with the fact that Kara lied to her. For a year and a half exactly. Even though she understood, it still hurt like hell. So Kara decided to move 35 minutes away even if it meant leaving all her friends and family. They all understood but were still really sad about her moving away. Kara entered the city limits of Central City and was focusing on finding Jitters when she passed Star Labs and got goosebumps. It was just so creepy looking and the horror stories she had heard about the people that were affected were awful. She was so wrapped up in her thoughts of the explosion that she nearly missed Jitters. She parked Winn's car and got out. Kara quickly looked down to make sure she still looked nice and neat. Barry had sent her a photo of himself so she could locate him when she got there. Kara had to admit he was mildly attractive. Kara walked in and stood by the door for about a minute before she located Barry. He was sitting near the back with a short hispanic man. So she walked over. Kara just happened to overhear the tail end of their conversation.

"Barry are you out of your mind? She could be a murderer for all we know. Why won't you let me just do a tiny background check?"

"Cisco..."

Kara chose that moment to introduce herself.

"Excuse me, are you Barry Allen?"

"Uh, yeah." Barry said at the same time that Cisco said, "Who's asking?"

Cisco was giving Kara a once-over while Barry glared at him.

"Oh, I'm Kara Danvers. I'm here to see you about being roommates." Kara then turned to Cisco and smiled, "I'm not a murderer." She said then paused and sighed, "Unless you count that one time my roommate's best friend was giving me crap." Cisco's eyes went wide and Barry started laughing.

"Cisco, go away now." Cisco got up and ran away while Kara laughed.

She then turned to Barry and stuck out her hand, "Kara Danvers."

"Barry Allen." They shook hands.

Barry and Kara sat down and a waitress came by.

"What would you like?"

"The Flash." Barry answered.

"I'll have the same please." Barry decided to start asking Kara questions.

"So, what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a reporter for Catco Worldwide Media. In the case that I'm able to move out here I've worked out a deal so that I can work from Central City as long as I drive in to the office once a week. So that's good."