Chapter 20 (Edited)

--Drew--

It'd been a few days since Alpha Jason's departure and here I was, on the end of Dani's bed discussing perimeter codes with her.

"Anyway the North seems to be the most vulnerable in terms of border patrol, I will ask a few more men to stay behind and we will begin regular watch over there."

I watched as her hand guided itself around the map multiple times as she explained her plans once more. The past few days were driving me crazy, she was sending me mixed signals and I  was trying my best to deal with them as they came.

The morning we slept together in her bed was quite possibly the best night of sleep I'd gotten in my entire life. We woke up at around noon and my hardness must have scared her off as she scrambled up from the bed and mumbled something about a shower before making her way into the bathroom.

Since then we'd been sleeping together every night, only sleeping which wasn't a problem for me but it was for my wolf. How I'd been so tempted to take her every morning that we'd woken up even if I've never felt the softness of her lips upon mine. I wanted nothing more than to give her my mark and hold her close to me forever.

She had completely bewitched me.

"Drew..." Her melodic voice brought me from my trance and I looked up and frantically searched my mind for the words she'd just spoken.

"Would you...like to join me for some lunch?" She questioned, and I noticed she always asked me questions such as these with hesitation.

I made my way over to her and grabbed her hand in mine not saying a word as I led her towards the stairs.

We descended together, hushed whispers coming from either side of us as we neared the kitchen.

I let go of her hand reluctantly but took a seat on the island of the kitchen as I watched her prepare the food. Gods the shorts she was wearing today didn't help any of this lust dissipate, I watched her shamelessly as she bent over searching for the contents of our meal in the refrigerator.

"Drew." She breathed as she turned around and looked into my eyes.

"D-don't look at me like that, please." She turned away from me and I found myself confused at her request.

Don't look at her? Couldn't she see how everyone looked at her? Why was it just me?

"Why not?" I found myself asking before I could stop myself.

"I know...what people think of me. I know how disgusting I look- my scars-"

I hopped down off of the counter and brought her close to me by her wrist.

"Danielle." I started.

"You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in all my days. It takes such restraint every morning that we wake up to pull my beast back so that I won't be tempted to take you. Gods, your body is incredible," I traced a finger down her arm and wrapped my arm around her waist, " your curves, and the small of your back which tempts my lips every time you bend down."

I wrapped a hand in her hair next.

"Your beautiful locks of hair which I can only imagine surrounding my face as I slip my hands around your waist as I take you over and over. More than that, your pride is quite possibly one of the sexiest things about you. You keep your word and you fight fiercely, your family is with the Ventus Ruber pack and I have come to accept that. As much as it pains me to eventually have to let you leave with them, I will do it if it will please you. I would go to the ends of the earth if you asked it of me because I-"