ten

ten~~~~~~

ten
~~~~~~

She sat there, her eyes staring off as she sat on the couch, her thoughts pondering at the information she now knew. They were planning something catastrophic, the young vampires and humans not realizing the consequences of killing an Original; the price that must be paid after their death was more death.

"Juliette," The demanding voice of Rebekah Mikaelson called through the hallway of their large home, her blonde hair flowing behind her as she walked. "I need your help."

It took everything in her to look at the youngest Mikaelson, having now known what the Salvatore's has planned for her. With?"

"Damon Salvatore."

Her body stiffened, head turning to face her friend with raised brows. "Why? Rebekah, you must stop seeing him."

"You will never believe what he did to me." She ignored the statement, her vibrant blue eyes blazing with unspoken promises of revenge.

Juliette twitched a little, waiting inpatiently for Rebekah to confess what had happened to her. "Well."

"He and his little friend Sage manipulated me, they searched my mind while I was vulnerable and sleeping. I wish to seek revenge against them and I need your help, you know how."

The blonde laughed shakily, turning away from Rebekah, the vague memory of Stefan admitting he left his home to retire away from the activities his older brother was partaking in was now clear who it was with and it made her skin crawl. "You know that I can't do that at will, it comes at random. I can't choose when it surfaces."

"Come on, Juliette. You were one of the few vampires gifted with an affinity."

"Gifted?" She spits back, Rebekah cringing at her choice of words, regretting them the moment they came out. "I was tortured for months before this disease finally was compatible with my vampirism. It is not a gift and I refuse to use it as such."

Looking down at her feet, Rebekah sighed. "I know you hate it, but it truly is remarkable, the things you can do with it. Imagine the possibilities."

"I don't want to," Juliette stood, her blue eyes hostile. "I told you that Damon Salvatore was trouble, I warned you and you ignored me and I am doing all in my will to protect you from things like this but you just won't listen."

"Juliette—"

"Please be safe, but leave me out of your escapades."

It was hard to shake off her anger after her encounter with Rebekah, the walk she willed herself to take not nearly as comforting as she hoped it be to soothe her raging war in her mind. "Why are you here?"