six

six~~~~~~

six
~~~~~~

Stefan paced across the boarding house for nearly half an hour, the pretty vampire he was infatuated with sitting on the couch watching him silently. "I don't remember you being this antsy."

"I can't stop shaking, I can hear everything and if I don't move around I'll explode."

Juliette stood, her heeled boots clacking gently on the carpeted floors. "I understand, I went through this stage. Let me help you," Her hand rested on his arm, moving his body to be facing her completely. "Close your eyes and just focus on breathing, listen to the sound of my voice and what you feel."

With caution, Juliette raked her fingers through his perfectly styled hair, the blunt tips of her nails massaging his scalp until she visibly saw his shoulders lax. Next, she moved her hands further down, tracing his face, smoothing out furrowed lines and refamiliarizing herself with Stefan.

The air significantly changed when she made it to his lips, because even with his eyes closed he could feel her blue eyes gazing at them, tempting him to just lean forward and kiss her but he suppressed his urges.

"Take off your shirt."

Stefan's eyes opened, his brow immediately raising as he looked down at the female with a twinkle in his eye. "Now I understand that times have changed but come on, you won't even take me on a date first?"

Juliette rolled her eyes at him, clearly understanding that he was just teasing her. "Don't be a smartass, Stef, take it off."

Following obediently, Stefan grabbed the shirt by the back and pulled it off swiftly, the fabric balling up in his hands. Before her now stood skin, beautiful clean skin that had only been marked once by ink on his arm.

He was just as beautiful as she'd remembered and without even knowing she'd reaching a hand forward and traced the rose tattoo permanently branded on his skin. "You got it."

"I told you I would."

The rose meant more than it seemed, the beautiful flower being Juliette's favorites, the red of it matching the lipstick she wore in the olden days. "I thought you were bluffing."

"Is that why you wanted me to take my shirt of for you? To check me for any ink."

"No," She snapped back to reality, taking her hand away from him and inhaling a few deep breaths. "I want you to focus on me and nothing else." She raised a hand and ran her finger down his neck gently, her other fingers spreading out and innocently tracing the planes of his skin. They ran over the contours of his chest, circling over his beauty marks and sun kisses, going slowly when they ran over his arms, gently trailing over his veins. Juliette taking the most time in tracing each line of his rose tattoo. "What do you feel?"

"I can hear your heartbeat and I can smell your perfume, it's soft and smells good." He focused harder on her, familiarizing himself with the woman he'd loved all those years ago, the feelings he harbored not diminishing in the slightest. "Citrusy."

"Grapefruit."

Stefan hummed at her response, his hand reaching forward to stop her hand before it fell too low on his stomach. "Don't start something you can't finish. I'm doing my best to be respectful but you know how I feel about you and you're standing right before me with your hands literally all over my body."

Juliette smiled at him, his forrest green eyes still hidden by the cover of his eyelids, shielding him from the look she was giving him, one filled with mischief. "How do you feel about me?"

"You're like a drug, stronger than any blood I've ever smelled, more addicting than any taste I've ever had. You have me like a puppet on a string and I'm more than willing to do whatever you please."

"Anything?"

Stefan nodded obediently. "Anything."

She leaned closer, her intentions to press their lips together, an act that she'd missed greatly. His lips were beautiful, full on the bottom and soft all over. Just before they touched, the sound of shoes on hard wood floors stopped them, a leggy brunette standing behind them. Her plucked eyebrow raised at the sight of Stefan with another. "I'm sorry, Damon told Alaric that no one would be here."

"We just got back a little while ago."

"I was only stopping by to get the journal you have on my ancestor Samantha, I didn't mean to interrupt."

Juliette watched the two with calculated irises, her ocean blues observing them silently. The air was tense and thick as the young girl couldn't help herself but look between Stefan and his company. "I don't believe we've met, I'm Juliette. Stefan and I knew each other while he was the ripper."

The girl's brown eyes widened, her bone straight dark brown hair parted down the middle and tucked neatly behind her ears. "Oh," She simply answered, the single syllable sounding more judgmental than if she'd formed and entire sentence accusing Juliette of being the reason why Stefan had such troubles with his bloodlust.

"She's helping me control it, Elena," Stefan quips, subconsciously moving back to stand closer to Juliette, her hand raising to rest on his bare back, the action not going missed by his ex-lover.

"Without a shirt?"

"Would've been without pants too if you didn't interrupt," The other female half-filled a glass of whiskey, it's woodsy taste filling her taste buds.

Elena grew oddly jealous toward Juliette, envious of how comfortable Stefan seemed around her. He didn't have the obnoxious brood that the teenage girl had tried to rid him off, but when near the girl beside him he was calm and comfortable. "I should leave, if there's ever anything that you need, I'm here."

"You don't have to read that, you know? I could just tell you." The younger Salvatore leaned over and put his shirt back on, his skin covered by the black soft cotton t-shirt. "Samantha Gilbert was committed into an insane asylum she tried to give herself a lobotomy with a knitting needle and bleed to death on the floor of her cell. If that's the same thing that's happening to Alaric then I'm afraid there's nothing much that you can do."

Elena sighed shakily, her tongue running over her cracked lips. "Thank you, I'll let you two get back to whatever it was that you were doing."

"Nice to meet you, Elena."

Giving a half smile that was so clearly forced, Elena softly replied. "You too, Juliette."