three

three~~~~~~Stefan stared up at his brother, green eyes fighting against blue until one broke away in submission

three
~~~~~~
Stefan stared up at his brother, green eyes fighting against blue until one broke away in submission. "That's impossible."

"So are vampires."

His hands fumbled around with one another, fingers twisting hastily, shifting the bulky daylight ring round and round until the vibrant blue lapis lazuli stuck upright. "I should go see her to make sure."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"She came here," Stefan was trying to convince himself more so than his brother. He wanted to see her, see how she'd become since then—how she'd adapted to her new life. "There's a chance it's not even her."

Damon stood still in his spot, long fingers holding the photo in his hand. For a moment he regretting saying anything at all, but he couldn't have known how much this woman had meant to his brother and after everything he'd been through, he deserved some happiness. "Come on, brother. You've got a lady to catch."

Stefan sat passenger the whole ride his ring thumping steadily against the hard interior of Damon's car. "How do we know she's still here?"

"We don't, stop worrying. We're just here to get a drink."

Both handsome Salvatore brothers got out of the car the moment they reached the quaint little bar that was so popular in the small town.

She was here, Juliette, her alluring scent could be smelled from outside and when Stefan finally worked the nerve to go inside his jade green eyes locked on her form like a magnet.

Seeming to feel his eyes, Juliette turned to the door, her own set of blue eyes meeting his. It felt like the wind was knocked out of her and for a moment she thought she was going to have a heart attack and die, but she wasn't a human anymore and it would take more than that to kill her. "Stefan," She whispered under her breath, quickly breaking eye contact and gulping down the glass of liquor.

"Juliette, is that you?"

"What are you doing here, Stefan?"

He took a seat beside her at the bar, his brother sitting on the opposite one watching the exchange quietly.

"I live here, but I could ask you the same thing."

"You could, but you won't because you really don't want to know."

Stefan paused for a moment contemplating wether he wanted to know why she was truly here, it'd been years since they're seen each other—decades even and she had no doubt found a new lover like he had Elena but they weren't a thing anymore and seeing the brunette once again was enough to send a fresh set of butterflies in the vampires stomach. Working up the guys, Stefan sat on the seat beside her. "Why are you here?"

Juliette ran her finger over the rim of her glass. "A friend of mine called me, said she needed help finding something."

"What friend?"

A familiar smirk appeared on her face, one that melted Stefan's insides to mush, putty in her hands at the mere sight of his lost love. "None of your business nosy."

"Will you be staying for a while?" He tried again, doing everything he could to get some sort of answer out of her.

The brunette immediately retracted from him, her smile vanishing as she payed for her drink and retrieved her purse before sliding off the stool. "Don't start, Stefan. Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

Stefan turned in his seat, catching her wrist and gently tugging her back before she was able to leave him. Forrest green eyes bores into her pale blue ones, an innocent look appearing on his handsome face. "I don't know what you're talking about. I was just wondering if you wanted a guide, you've never been here before and it'd be rude of me if I didn't show you around."

"I wouldn't want to waste your time."

"I have nothing but time," Stefan Salvatore was persistent in ways he'd never been before and it was making it harder and harder on Juliette to say no.

They were standing so close his nose brushed against the side of her temple. She could smell his cologne, feel the warmth of his skin. "Stefan, what are you trying to do."

Feeling confident in the way he was making her feel, Stefan's hands wandered from her wrist to her hips, tugging her in closer, his grip hard enough for her breathing to accelerate and eyes close momentarily. "Just trying to catch up with an old flame, aren't I allowed to see how you've been? Catch up on the things we've missed about each other?" His lips brushed against the side of her neck, subconsciously smelling her hair and the fruity shampoo she used.

"I don't know."

"Please?" He begged. "I'm not like how I was before, I can control it now. Only taking what I need to survive instead of just killing for fun."

She pulled back slightly, looking into his eyes for a while. "I don't know, Stef, I've changed since then. You might not be able to keep up with me anymore."

Stefan teasingly smiled at her. "Try me."