The doctor walks off down the corridor away from us. I turn back to rick who now has chocolate all over his face.

"Jump on my back little man and I'll take you to my house"

After hesitating for a moment rick takes my invitation and jumps onto my back.

I walk back into the room to see my mate watching us. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion as she looks at her pup on my back. It's kind of cute.

"You've been given the all clear so you can come back with me" I smile

"And who exactly are you" she glares.

"My name is Blaze. As you know I am your mate but I am also beta of the crimson moon pack"

"Astra" she says as way of an introduction.

"Astra" I whisper. Her name is beautiful.

She shivers as I pick her up in my arms but then I feel her body tense in my hold as she leans away from me slightly. It hurts but at least she's letting me pick her up.

~

I carry them both up to my floor of the pack house. At beta I get my own floor which is second from the top of the building.

Walking to my sofa I place Astra down gently breathing her smell in deeply. She smells like cherry blossom and a spring breeze mixed in one.

"Follow me rick" I smile at the little one.

He follows me to one of the spare rooms. It's not the biggest but it is the one that is the most difficult to get to from the outside meaning it's the safest.

"This can be your room. Why don't you go take a shower and there are some pyjamas on the bed you can wear. I will make some food while studying you are in there"

He smiles up at me before running into the bathroom.

I make my way back to the kitchen. The kitchen and living room are open plan so I can watch my mate on the sofa whilst I cook.

"I hope you and your pup like spaghetti" I try to smile but I can't help the slight jealous tinge in my voice at the mention of her pup.

"Not that it matters but he's not my pup he's my brother" she snaps " and yes we do.. thank you" her voice softens at the last part making me smile.

About 20 minutes the spaghetti is cooked and rick has returned from the bathroom wearing some pyjamas a pack member had given to me when I asked through the pack link.

We all sit down in the living room and I put on one of the movies I have on record. I don't care if I am 25 I wanted to watch the batman movie so tada!

We sit in silence whilst we eat but it doesn't take long for Rick and Astra to finish there food. They wolf it down pardon the pun.

"I think it's time you went to bed now rick"

He gets up and walks over to his sister placing his forehead against hers.

"Always and forever" I hear him whisper

"Always and forever" she replies.

That strange. I make a note to ask about it later.

I scoop Astra up in my arms and carry her towards my room.

"What are you doing?" She asks alarmed

"You need to go to bed as well and I'm sure you want to get clean"

I place her on her feet in the bathroom before walking over to the bath and running it for her.

The expression on Astra's face is one of awe. She looks beautiful as she takes in her new surroundings.

"Baths ready"

"You can leave now" she looks at me blankly.

"But what if you fall" I say panicked.

"Then I'll deal with it so get out!"

"I will wait in the bedroom but don't lock the door" I huff leaving one of my t-shirts in the side for her to change into.

I leave the bedroom closing the door behind me.

I run my hands through my hair. Why doesn't she like me? It's not like I'm an arsehole like the Alpha. I love him like a brother but he is a dick.

I'm not going to give up on her though.