Chapter 4

Blaze's Point of View

I wasn't supposed to find my mate this way. I was always told the stories that when you meet you mate it's magical and at that moment you feel complete.

Instead I had to stop mine being killed by my best friend and Alpha and then SHE RAN!

I now she would have kept on running if she hadn't collapsed. Part of me hoped she changed her mind but when I smelt her blood I knew she was forced to stop.

Her pup packs a decent punch for such a little one and when I finally picked her up she was so light.

Despite the fact she is covered in dirt I know she is beautiful. Her eyes tell me. They may be hardened but they are beautiful. The way the swirls of golden brown around her iris mixes with the green of her eyes mesmerises me.

But she doesn't want me. The though makes my wolf whimper. I need to make her mine. I will do what ever it takes.

I should be with her now but instead I've been kicked out into the corridor.

The door opens breaking me out of my trance. I face the door expecting to see the doctor but instead see my mates pup. It's hurts that she didn't wait for me but I'm determined to look after the both of them now.

"What are you doing out here little man?"

I see a few tears falling down his face.

"I'm not allowed to be in there for the stitches. Not when she won't have anything to stop it hurting" he sobs.

I move closer to him to comfort him but he flinches back quickly.

I return to sitting on the floor in the corridor.

"What's your name little man?"

"Rick"

"Hi Rick, I'm Blaze. Would you like some chocolate"

I take the extra large kit Kat out of my back pocket and offer him some.

The moment the chocolate is out I hear his stomach growl.

"Hungry then. Here take it"

I hand him the chocolate bar as he sits down next to me and starts eating it whilst continuing to look at me up and down. I'm not offended. I can understand why he's doing it. I'm a huge guy with tattoos all up my arms and single black band snake bite piercing on my lip and a black disc stud in each ear. Not really someone parents tell their children to talk to.

The tranquility is broken by screaming. Ricks face pales instantly. Mate.

Without thinking I burst into the room. My mate is lying on the bed panting and covered in sweat.

"There we are dear you're all done now"

Doctor Monroe pulls me out the room quickly.

"The wound needs time to heal which means she can't do anything. She also needs to put on more weight. To be honest I don't know when she last ate and finally she is covered with old scars all over her body. Do you know where they are from?"

"I'm afraid not doctor. Can we leave now"

"Yes but make sure she eats"