"i—taehyung—"

even before jiho could've finished speaking, taehyung pulled away "have fun for the rest of the day. someday you better introduce me to jinyeon, i'd like to meet him"

jiho knowingly smiled, her heart feeling wam at the mention of her son. "i'm sure yeonnie would be pleasured to meet you too"

taehyung snickered, blessing jiho with his rare box smile, "i hope that time comes soon"

jiho grinned, calmness seeping on her skin. "contact me if you ever need any help with the work"

"i will. now, get that pretty ass out of this office, your son must be waiting sick for you"

she was on the verge of breaking down.

setting foot on the school, jiho didn't know what right emotions her heart should make — he was here, jeongguk was here. if she wasn't in her right mind, she should be smiling and giddily skipping towards the man as he had their son in his arms.

he was here, after two years of continuous missing in action on family day, here was jeongguk in flesh as he let his son be carried in her arms like it was the most normal thing to do.

she should be happy, and she knew she should be.

why jeongguk?

jiho should be having smile painted across her lips and yet why? why does tears cloud her eyes?

why must you do this to me? feeling her insides slowly tearing apart as it ate her from inside out, she felt lightheaded. eyes staring straight at the scene that unfold in front of her fragile self, she didn't see it coming - she didn't see it and not in a million years would she had imagined that this would ever happen to her.