Chapter 17

Next morning, Karma woke up from an unknown alarm music that was playing right next to his ear. He slowly opened his eyes and turned his head to the direction of the sound, to realise that the phone over there did not belong to him. He sat up, his back much better than the day before, thanks to the medicine the nurse had given him. He turned off the alarm and took a look at the wallpaper.

' I am sorry, I got your phone drowned, I will fix it as soon as possible >_< !! '

He laughed slightly to himself. Right then, a message from Maehara was received.

'We are departing in an hour! We will meet outside the train station!'

Karma got up, holding your phone in his hand. He packed the last things he needed, and in the end he glanced at his white phone. He smiled and also put it in the suitcase.

He left the house, but he had no intention of going to the station right away.
---

"Y/N, it is 6:20. When will you get up?"

You heard your mum's voice calling you, and your brain tried to analyze the meaning of the time. You searched through your memories to realise what had happened: the day before, you dropped Karma's phone in the glass with the water, left behind your phone and told your parents to wake you up the next day at 5:45. You sat up shocked and looked at your mum.

"6:20? Why so late?!?"you yelled.

"You wouldn't wake up no matter what I did. It looks like yesterday's hanging out got you tired... and also, you still have 40 minutes, why such a hurry?"

"I don't even know where we should meet each other! Maehara was suppossed to tell us today... I wanted to call Kayano to leave together,and I also wanted to take a bath because yesterday I was too tired to do that... great...no bath for me..."

Your mum left you alone and you quickly tried to prepare yourself properly, but you looked like an awkward potato that couldn't even wear socks. You looked at the clock.

6:40

WHEN DID 20 MINUTES EVEN PASS?

You got distracted from your thoughts when you heard the bell ringing. You rushed to the door, hoping for some reason that your friends had come to pick you up.

"Oh, aren't you Akabane Karma?"you heard your dad's voice from the door, and you ended up falling from the stairs' last steps. You landed on the floor with you face down.

Akabane? Why did he have to come here?!

"Yes. I came to pick up Y/N. She gave me her phone yesterday, so I guess she didn't receive the message about where to meet with us."Karma's kind voice said.

You stood up and slowly headed to the door. You noticed your parents's happy faces and sighed deeply.

"Oh really? How nice of you!"your mum said"She was talking about you yesterday, and we trust you in protecting her the next two days..."

"MUM" you said and stepped between Karma and your parents" Don't worry, I won't be attacked as soon as I step out of the house! And I didn't talk about him! I talked about him too...anyways..."

You glanced at him for the first time after the last night's events and you gasped. He was wearing many clothes to be protected from the cold, but still he looked so comfortable and cool. When your eyes met his, he smirked, and you remembered that he was back to the Karma you all knew, not the cute and tired one you met last night. The weird thing was that still... you just couldn't feel that usual... annoyance that was always caused by him. Instead, your heart skipped a beat.

"I... I would have called Kayano, you didn't have to come...Hey, how do you know where I live?!"

He shrugged.

"I know everyone's home, even A class's. And does that mean that you will not accept my assistance? After I came right outside of your door?"he said and looked at you with innocent eyes.

Oh you are playing so dirty Akabane...

"He is right! Y/N, go get ready and leave with your classmate. It is almost 7:00"you dad said and pushed you to your room.
---

When you came down again, you said goodbye to your parents and left with Karma. He offered to carry your bag, but you didn't let him take it.

"Are you crazy? Just yesterday you could barely walk. I am the one who should carry your stuff, not you" you said and tried to take his bag, but the last moment he just pulled it away, causing you to fall on his chest.

Even with so many clothes on, you could still sense his body's warmth. You looked up and noticed his eyes on you. You forgot for a while what the hell you were doing.

"Enjoying your time over there?"he asked amused and you pulled away in embarrassment. You gave up trying to carry his stuff and kept walking. He laughed.

"Dear God, please give back the nice and cute kid I was with yesterday night"you prayed loudly for him to hear you.

"Hey, do you prefer my tired self so much? I am hurt. Calling me nice and cute is not so bad though. But you confirmed one more time that you are addicted to me~. I guess I have no choice but to protect you no matter what during the trip, since your parents asked for it so nicely"

"I don't need your help! Don't you dare get close to me when we get there, I just want peace and quiet for a while"

You wanted to mean your words so much, but you were feeling as if you were lying. No matter what he was saying, he couldn't make you angry, and you actually had the feeling that being close to him... was not as bad as you thought.

Right then, a phone rang. Karma picked it up.

"Hello?"

"HEY THAT'S MY PHONE"you yelled in realisation but he ignored you and kept talking.

"Oh yeah, she is with me.. we are coming... yeah, we are almost there. See ya."

He hung up.

"It was Maehara. Aparently, we were late. Lets hurry a little."he said and tried to walk faster, but that hurt his back and he decided to walk normally again.

"Yeah okay, give my phone back"you said and he smirked at you.

"Not until I get mine back. I also noticed that you didn't have me in your contacts... So I added myself."

He showed you the screen.

"'Hot mess'. HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT?!"you yelled and he seemed amused by your reaction.

"Isogai told me that Yukiko told him that Kayano calls me like that at times and you get annoyed, so yeah, that is pretty much the reason. Why, don't you like it?~"

You were embarrassed to admit to yourself how many times you had replayed these two words in your mind, so you just looked away and cursed Yukiko and that talking mouth she had. Aparently, she could tell Isogai everything.

Just then, another thing crossed your mind.

'My girl'

You glanced at Karma to see him looking at your phone happily when reading his name at your contacts. Just then he made that question you wanted to avoid.

"By the way, how was my phone.... drowned?"

You gasped.

"I accidentally dropped it in... the glass with the water I had brought you" you hesitantly said.

"And... why were you holding it? What interesting thing did you find over there?"he asked, as if he already knew you had searched his contacts.

"Me? Nothing, I just... I... I wanted to put the alarm clock for you before leaving! That's why!"

"Oh my, you are such a horrible liar"he sighed and murmured, before putting your phone back into his pocket.

---

A/N: I'm jealous of their winter :(

Anyways, 'The worst' special chapter- 1 (part 2) is coming soon~