Chapter 2

"Miss-one-week"

There was a meaning behind those words Karma had said. You were famous to the school for many things, but one of them was the one-week challenge. A boy had the chance to ask you to date him for one week, and in the end, if you had developed feelings for him, you would accept him as a boyfriend, which had never happened so far. Although you had dated many times, you had never accepted anyone's heart.

Many people misunderstood your challenge, they thought you were playing around, that you were a whore, a show-off, a player, when in fact all you wanted was to find love in your life. Yes, you liked Nagisa, but Nagisa was not interested in you, so you had to move on. Hoping that one day someone will appear and make you fall for him in one week, make you forget your hopeless crush, you kept on with the challenge, without a result until today.

However, you didn't accept to date everyone. If you realised that someone's motive was not to make you fall for him, but to fool around, to throw impure actions at you, to take advantage of you, to just kill time or just satisfy their curiosity of you, you rejected them.

And you once rejected Akabane Karma.

"Date me for a week" he said back then, optimistic.

"Why do you want to date me?"you had asked.

"Everyone seems to do it...and everyone talks about you. What is so interesting in you anyways? I want to know."

You had shook your head in rejection.

"I am sorry, Karma-kun, I am not someone to satisfy your curiosity. I am not playing here... it is my way to find something I really want."

Back then, even though you were Karma's opponent in class, you didn't have negative feelings towards him. But after that day, he started pissing you off like no other person ever had. Tormeting your school days, you had reached the conclusion he was the worst person alive in your life.

And the challenge was going on, without you finding what you hoped to find, without anyone filling you with the love you were searching for. And with Karma teasing you for your choices and annoying you more and more every day.

---
"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!"

No matter what happens, don't look at him...

During class, Akabane Karma was constantly trying to catch your attention, but you ignored him, trying to focus on the lesson. This is what you had been always doing: trying your best to surpass Karma's first place, but you always ended up second. It really annoyed you that despite his evil personality, his teasings and fooling arounds,  there was nothing else than first for him.

He is so annoying...

Now he was throwing paper balls at you, but you ignored him again. You had an amazing ignoring skill when it was coming to lessons, and that had saved you lots of times.

Now Karma was kicking your seat from behind, making a loud sound. The teacher stopped talking and looked around confused.

"What is going on? Who makes that sound?"

"It's Karma, sir. He is kicking my seat.." you sighed.

You would never reveal your classmates' secret actions, except Karma's. You had a hard time to even consider him a classmate, so there was no need in showing mercy.

"Karma! I will give you more homework to do!"

"Okay, sir, thank you!"

The teacher rolled his eyes and continued teaching. You were pissed off by the fact that because Karma was the first student in class, he would never be severely punished except if he broke something- or someone. You focused again, ignoring the boy's never ending tries to catch your attention.

He managed to talk to you only when the bell rang. He came next to you, preventing you from walking away.

"Ya! It's not funny, don't ignore me."

"It's not funny playing with someone's heart either, but you did it. So leave me alone."you said and tried to push him away.

"How could I know that you liked Nagisa?? You date a new boy every week, how should I know that you had stable feelings for someone? Look, I am sorry, okay? I didn't intend to make you cry."

"Do I have to cry to make you feel sorry about something? You really are the worst, Akabane. And the fact that you still don't understand the point of my one-week dating... it is the reason I rejected to date you back then. You are still the same."

He grabbed your wrists and pinned your hands on the desk, approaching you dangerously.

"You bragging about having rejected me... is it because you want to irritate me? I said I am sorry, and consider please the fact that I never apologise. I don't like making ladies cry, even if it is you."

You laughed at his words.

"Sweet words don't suit you. Let me go"

He hesitated, but in the end he let you go. He stared at you.

"I will pay for the trick I pulled on you, okay? What do you want me to do?"

You looked at him, wondering about his insisting on making you forgive him.

"Why do you care so much about this? You always irritate me, but never said you're sorry or tried to make up for it."

Karma sighed.

"I don't mind having people irritated and annoyed by me, it is fun in its own way. But having someone mad, angry or hurt by me is another matter. So... how about this? You have no date now, so how about dating me for a week? I will make up to you during that time."

You froze and looked at him with wide open eyes. You never expected that a rejected one would try taking the challenge again. You stayed silent for a while, then sighed.

"If you were someone else, I would have probably accepted... but not you, Akabane."

You passed by him, wanting to stay away from him. He didn't stop you this time, but you felt his orange eyes looking at you in tension. You didn't look back.

Karma probably didn't understand you, but at the same time, you couldn't understand Karma either.