Chapter Three: Truth Talk

"So what's your name again, darling?"

"Chrissie, and you're Niall?" I tried to ask obliviously.

"Yeah, I thought you'd know who I am."

"Well maybe I do." *I was in his arms and did a dip then came back up* "And maybe I don't."

To me, that night couldn't have gone better, but as you can most likely predict, it did and didn't.

"So how about after this song I buy you a drink?" "Uh sure...are you just trying to get me drunk?" We both chuckled for a second.

"I'm positive that this just a nice gesture."

The bartender then asked what we'd have, and Niall responded with, "A pint for me, and a-" "Cosmopolitan", I interrupted.

As our server made the drinks, Niall was eyeing me up and down with a cheeky and handsome grin.

"So you, the non-slut sorority girl likes vodka?"

"Every once in a while a good girl has to go bad, you know."

"Trust me," he paused. "I know."

Niall then seductively winked and smirked which, believe it or not, made me feel really sexy. "Oh, here are our drinks," I felt so stupid for stating the obvious.

We went to sit down all the while loud music was blaring in the distance...but it felt like it was only us two in that crowded room.

"You know how earlier tonight I said I may or may not have known about you before now?" "Yeah."

"Well, I actually happen to know that tomorrow you start your Where We Are Tour." "Yeah, that's true..."

"So why'd you come here tonight, right before the tour?" He paused as if in hard thought on how to put his words together.

"I, uh, wanted to let loose for just one more night, because my life's sort of restricted on the road. With management and our insanely-packed schedules, I never have any time to go to clubs, parties, or have my type of fun anymore."

"I thought you loved traveling and performing with your mates. At least it looked like that in This Is Us."

"Don't get me wrong, I do love my best friends, but I also really enjoy every chance I get to meet new people like you."

I responded,"You know, before tonight I really never liked mingling or putting myself out there. But I'm glad I did. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have met you....or have seen my friend over there," I point, "Jackie's, new dance moves."

We both started laughing, and at that very moment, watching him laugh with the faint glow of the club's lights reflecting on him, I think I fell in love. That even felt cliché to me, "loving" someone but only having personally known them for a few hours, but it also felt different. A different kind of love. Like two different personalities combining. Little did I know that Niall wasn't always the nightclub badass I assumed he was.