Chapter 2: Moonlight's Escapee

Moonlight gleams through your windows in the guest room you were given, as you place your things back into the bags that the Joestar maids had organized only a few hours ago. You were going to get the next train that goes to the ship docks that you arrived to England on. One way or another you were escaping to go back home. Courting? Suitors? Engagement? Marriage? You didn't care for any of those things what you want most is freedom and independence. As small child you remember your nannies and maids talking in rooms when they thought no one else would hear them. They spoke of how their husbands had mistreated them through their over controlling ways, battering them for ridiculous reasons, and neglecting them with their children. This became became daily happening for as a child which started up the fears of marriage. You never want to be chained to a man who treated you awfully, and only the way to avoid such a thing is making sure no man got close to your heart. Of course your father never once did anything that those motherly figures had spoken of, but you knew that was because your father wasn't like most men. Perhaps it was due to the fact that you never saw much of the way your father treated your mother for she did pass away due to a illness when you were quite young. Couldn't have been more than 5 when you witnessed her taking her last breath on her deathbed. Shaking your head, you try to push back those tragic memories.

Finally finishing packing up your things you take your suitcase in one hand and walk quietly as you could out of the room. Then down the silent hall way only dim candle lamps giving you a an idea of where you were going. Even though you definitely had not memorized where everything was in the manor you at least had had a idea where the steps were. You take turn after turn then hallway down hallway. No luck of any staircase leading downwards.

Well maybe the idea of these stairs to the first level is more on the faint side. Up ahead on the fith hallway there was a light brighter then the ones in the hall illuminates from from a doorway that's bigger comparing it to guest bedrooms and bathrooms. With the late hour it was impossible for there to be anyone awake, expect you anyways. Whoever was once in that room must have forgotten to turn off or dim the lights obviously. Right as you're about to pass by the entryway to to what you discover is a gorgeous library.

A voice speaks. "Leaving so soon now (name)?"

You shriek in fright dropping your suitcase whipping your head to the side you see Dio who drops his book in the seat he was in with wide eyes not expecting that response from you. "I'm not going anywhere!" You slide the luggage out of the doorway with your foot, "just ah getting a midnight snack biscuits are are their prime this time of night!" You laugh as cold sweat drips down the back of your neck.

"I just saw you kick your bag aside you know that right?" He snickers with a unwavering smirk.

"Bloody hell." You curse under your breath.

"Do you take yourself as a femme fatale charming men then disappearing into the night now?" He tilts his head.

"What? I insist that I..." You struggle to find a excuse for the situation you find yourself in.

"Where do you even expect to go? Ever heard of the dangers a fair lady like yourself faces going out on the streets this time at night?" Dio stands up.

"I know how to defend myself I'm not some delicate flower like most girls pretend to be." You feel your hands go into fists.

"Oh really now is that so?" He takes a few steps to you the old refined wood floors creak softly with each step, "now I asked you a question where are you going?" They lift a brow in interest.

"Home, I'm going home." You go to pick up your suitcase for Dio to kick it farther down the hallway out of your reach.

"Why not give England a chance now?" He blocks your path from the baggage.

You felt your feel your face tighten in irritation. "I want a chance at getting my freedom at going home if you would so kindly step aside." You snap at him.

His smirk only grows. "Freedom? So you truly are a American at heart." He chuckles before placing his hand on the side of your face his thumb tilting your head up so he could gaze directly into your eyes, "You really are amusing now I like it."

With a sharp intake of breath you back away from him. "Do me a grand favor by keeping your distance" you retort coldly.

"Is that a challenge now?" Dio wonders.

"Not in your wildest dreams." You huff blowing some hair out of your face that had come out of place.

"I'll treat it as such none the less." He picks up your luggage, "Now shall I walk you back to your room? Or tell my father about what you just attempted?" He grins with a arrogance that makes you want to slap it right off.

"I'll walk myself back now don't bother with either please." You snatch it from him and start on the walk back to your new room.

"Oh by the way I like my women with some fight in them." You hear Dio behind you.

"Go jump into the sea." You mumble. As you walk back some hallways lights have gone out leaving you to walk in darkness. Hearing only a few thumps of noise for you to suddenly bump right into someone else. Oh no not Dio did he follow you? You pray it to not be as such.

"(Name)? What are you not doing in bed?" Your prayer has been answered it was Jonathan. Wait how are you going to explain yourself you rack your brain for a reasonable answer as he looks down at you in curiosity.

"Oh I noticed one of my bags was missing then when I came looking for it I found it now I'm heading back to my room and I could ask the same about you Jojo." Finally something clever has come to your mind why couldn't have you said that to Dio earlier?

"I just needed the restroom that's all do you know how to get back to your room? Whenever guests come they usually get lost."

"Lost? Me? I always know where I'm going no need to worry I have a natural sense of direction."

"Are you sure? Your room is near the stairs to the first floor and this hallway heads to the third floor stairs." Jonathan rubs the back of his neck.

You sigh deeply not believing how close it was. "Oh aheh, maybe a guide to that room of mine would be appreciated."

Jonathan takes your bag. "Here let me carry this for you now follow me please." He starts down the hall.

"Thank you Jojo." All anger that had been festering has faded away thanks to Jojo. Even though you were stopped once in a attempt to leave it doesn't mean that this would be the last.