00.

T H E D A I L Y C R Y S T A L
Local Girl Found Dead

Tragedy struck Crystal View, ME, on Friday night, when the body of a local teenage girl was found in the pool in Dr. Joffrey backyard during an unsupervised party. Abigail Smith, 18, was pronounced dead upon discovery. Police commented on the condition of the body.

"Suffice it to say that a lot of my guys were shocked on the blow to the back of the girl's head," said Sheriff Dug Jones. "With something that gruesome, it's expected to have a bit of fear spread around town. That's what happens when most of the crimes are just pranksters and petty theft. A small town can make you soft."

"We've blocked off the Joffrey's backyard for further investigation and evidence," he added.
When the Joffrey family heard of the need for investigation in their home, they expressed their willingness to cooperate with the authorities.
"We will do everything we can to assist in solving of this unfortunate event," said Dr. David Joffrey. "Besides, we were planning on moving anyways."

According to police, who are currently in contact with the victims parents, Smith was attending the party with her friend Alexandria Montgomery, 16. "Abigail and Alex have always been so close. I can't imagine what young Alex must be going through. She will be suffering a great loss with the rest of us," said Mr. John Smith.

Smith's boyfriend, Harry Von-Nelson, would refuse to comment on the incident.

Police are still investigating potential leads on the case.
"We thought it might have been an accident, maybe she slipped on something and bashed her head," said Jones. "But looking at the situation carefully, we're deciding on the possibility of the death being intentional. Pretty much murder. I do promise this town and the family of the girl that justice will be served."

When asked if he had any suspects, Jones answered, "You betcha!"

Smith was a senior at Crystal View High. She was voted homecoming queen earlier this month and also is on the student council.
"Goodness me, we will miss her," Principal Hancock said. "Abigail was a great student and a true blessing to have at our school."
Hancock also added that schools would be closed until further notice.

Article Written by: Nathan Daniels

~~~~~
Thank you for reading.
Please vote and comment your thoughts.
Coco.