Prologue

"Come on Mia!" Jason yelled out. "Let's go play on the swings!"

"Okay, Jay!" Mia exclaimed, running after the small boy.

"Hold on guys; go stand out by the water first so I can take a picture for this years Christmas card." Jason's mom said, taking a camera out of her bag.

Jason took hold of Mia's hand and the two children ran over to the dock. "Okay Jay, put your arm over Mia's shoulder and face the water."

"Momma! Only Mia can call me, Jay," the boy pouted.

"Okay, sweetheart." She laughed.

Jason smiled happily and put his arm around Mia's shoulder. The two turned and faced the water.

"Alright kids, go and play now."

"Yay!" They exclaimed, running over to the swings.

"Jay Jay? Can you push me?" Mia asked, sending a smile.

"Yeah!" He laughed, going behind the swing.

"Wee!" Mia yelled out happily. After a few more pushes she told him to stop. The swing slowed down and Mia hopped off. "Your turn Jay."

"Okay!" He laughed. Jay hopped onto the swing, waiting for her to start pushing, and, since she was younger and a little weaker than him, he pumped his legs to help out.

"Jay Jay, no! I wanna do it myself," Mia cried out after noticing he was helping her.

"But I wanna help you!"

"Please, Jay Jay?"

"Fine!" The boy said, giving up the fight. He knew there was no point in trying to fight with her since she always ended up getting her way. Mia pushed him a bit more before his mom called out to them, saying that it was time to go home.

"Coming momma!" Jason yelled, jumping off of the swing and running over to her with Mia by his side.