Seven

Mia and I had just finished going around the entire Epcot park doing the Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. We were now heading over to do Journey Into Imagination With Figment and The Seas with Nemo & Friends before going into The Land to eat at Sunshine Seasons.

Once inside Journey of the Imagination With Figment, we stepped into the moving carriage and Mia and I traveled through Dr. Channing's sensory labs. We watched as the Institute's chairman Dr. Nigel Channing set out to prove how the five senses captured the imagination but was then upstaged by the mischievous Figment, who sabotaged the doctor's sound experiment, interfered with the eye chart and caused quite a stink in the Smell Lab.

Up then became down as we cruised through Figment's fluorescent, topsy-turvy house and discovered that imagination really did work best when it was set free. After the ride ended, Mia and I headed over to ImageWorks, an interactive play area where we used our imagination to make music, digital pictures and more. I sent the pictures of Mia and I as Figment to my email, Mia's email, and our parents emails.

Once we were done messing around and being kids again we walked out and across to The Seas with Nemo & Friends. Mia and I entered the cold building and walked through the line along with the rest of the people coming to ride it. We boarded a "clamobile" and descended below the waves into a "Big Blue World" where Nemo and his friends swam through brightly colored coral reefs and gently swaying sea anemones. We swam with Mr. Ray and his school and saw ultra-cool, ultraviolet "jellies."

A few minutes later we dodged underwater mines, a toothy angler fish and an even toothier Bruce the shark as he lurked in the rusted hull of a sunken ship. The "clamobile" then caught a ride on the righteous EAC (East Australian Current) with sea turtle Crush and his little dude Squirt. Soon enough we found Nemo and the ride ended. After getting out of the moving "clamobile" we walked out and up to The Land.

"Should we make our way to Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros after eating? We can do Test Track after that as our last ride before watching IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth."

"Sure, that sounds like a good plan." Mia said as we entered the air conditioned area. We walked down the stairs before getting in line so we could get our food.

. . .

We had just finished eating and were now making our way over to Mexico so we could go on the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros. Mia and I entered another cold building and made our way through the empty line, as almost no one knew about the hidden ride.

We got in and floated along to the footage of people and places of Mexico superimposed with animation inspired by the Disney film The Three Caballeros. We joined the three main characters as they searched for their friend throughout the ride.

The ride ended minutes later with the three finding their friend Donald. Mia and I got out of the boat and walked back out into the hot weather. We then started walking toward Future World, which held the ride Test Track.

Sadly we didn't have any FastPasses so when we got to the ride we had to wait in the two hour long line. An hour had passed and we were still waiting with a million other people, by the time we got to the room to make our car it was 8 pm. Mia and I both contributed in the car making before saving it to our MagicBands.

The doors opened and we walked out into another line. Twenty minutes passed before we were put in front of a gate, waiting for a "simulation car" to drive up. One came up seconds later and we got in, buckling up and putting the virtual vehicle we created to the test. We took off on a fun-filled driving evaluation.

We discovered how our vehicle performed thanks to the easy-to-read visual charts as we rode through rough terrain and obstacles along the winding Test Track circuit. Soon enough we were racing toward a closed door and were about to smash into it before it shot open and we were shot into the open air.

The car raced through the track, going faster by the second. I could hear Mia screaming beside me as we continued to race through the, now cold, night air. The car pulled to a stop when we were back inside, allowing us to get out. By the time we were off the ride and outside the building it was 8:45 pm.

"We should go find a spot for the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth show before all the good ones are taken," I told Mia.

"Okay, let's go," Mia said. We walked toward the World Showcase Lagoon. Once we got there Mia received a text. She took out her phone and read what it said. She texted something back before shutting her phone.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"My mom. She said she's coming to pick me up in a few."

"What about your stuff at the hotel?"

"She's stopping by to get it before coming over to get me."

"Okay," I said, looking at her with a smile. Then the show started.

It began with flames and fireworks erupting from the lagoon. Underneath the fireworks, a swarm of red and golden lights blazed on the waters. As the fireworks subsided, a glowing globe glided peacefully across the water.

Comets of light raced into the sky, before the globe opened up, blossoming like a flower. Mia looked over to me, her eyes gleaming with enjoyment as a smile spread across her face. I took in every single one of her features before grabbing the sides of her face with my hands and bringing my lips to hers as more fireworks shot out, the entire lagoon dancing with bursts of joyous white light.

Mia pulled away after a minute, a look of shock clearly written across her face.

"I- I have to go." She said before running away, looking back only once before leaving my sight completely.