Untitled Part 3

Grace pov

I stood outside the towering English building waiting for Zachery. I didn't mind though, he was always late and I didn't have anywhere else to be. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began to absentmindedly scroll until a sharp 'hey' made me jump.

"Hey Zachery, you ready to go?" I said as he took my hand in his. It made my heart flutter. Just the thought that there are other girls that want him, standing around me, but he still walked away with me made me nervous.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late, my Physics teacher is an asshole." Zachery said, with a slight smirk on his face that eventually turned into a full on smile, revealing his dimples as they formed around his mouth.

I laughed at what he said, not knowing anything else to do. As we made our way to his beat up Volkswagen bug, he jumped over the hood onto the drivers side as I rolled my eyes at him and ducked into the car. 

About 20 minutes later we were no longer surrounded by the horns hammered by angry taxi drivers or  the background conversation of the friends trying to pass the time in the city. We were secluded in the run down neighborhood on Elm street. We pulled up to the one story house with almost dead grass surrounding the brick structure that lay on the ground. 

"Follow me, the basement has the food." Zachery told me, a look in his eye that I couldn't quite figure out. But reluctantly I followed. Silly, Stupid, Me. 

He opened up the basement door leading the a narrow corridor that dropped down to a ladder. Suspicious I know. but I was only stupid then. nothing else and nothing more. 

" Why a latter?" I asked as I placed a confused look on my face while getting ready to go down into the basement. 

"The house used to be used as a 1900s bomb shelter during the wars, the neighborhood would come to this house to find shelter." Zachery said and an intense look replaced the soft one in his eyes.

And as I have said before. I was only stupid.

"Thats cool, I guess, in a gruesome sort of way." I laughed it off. Not knowing the lies going on under the surface. 

As I was halfway down the latter, I looked up and asked why he wasn't coming down.

"Its not safe for more than one person to be on the latter at once. It could easily break and I don't want to hurt you." he said. I shrugged my shoulders and continued descending down the lengthy latter. 

It was only a moment later that the light was gone and a loud sound echoed through the passage. I looked up and saw nothing and realized that the trap door on top of the latter was closed. and locked.